PDA

View Full Version : Motor problem

bazzer1970
31-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi All

Hope somebody can help, have a bit of a strange motor problem. I have a motorised 80cm dish with a spiderbox 5000sd reviever, all be working fine for a couple of years. Turned on today and the motor won't move, had a look and the motor is getting power as there are 2 small butons on the motor to move it manually, these both move the motor so it seems ok. Have manually moved to hotbird to watch footy and all ok but the motor will not move from the reciever? Checked usals set up and all seems ok and when trying the move the motor manually with the remote it doesnt work either. I'm a bit baffled! Has any body had a similar issue or any advice to try something else?
Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers

Hamrag1
31-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Dont know the Spiderbox Rx but assume it has East and West software endstop settings ? if it has, Have you checked them ?

cosworth4x4
31-12-2011, 09:03 PM
just a thought have you tried powering it down at the mains for say 5/10 min ,as with most electronic equipment it does go haywire and needs a reboot sometimes.

bazzer1970
01-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replys, it is working again this morning. Very strange didnt do anything different it just started working on it's own! I power the reciever down every night anyway and did try this yesterday a few times I'm gussing there may be some sort of intermittenet problem with the motor where it gets power but not a signal from the receiver?
Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated

fathershoss
29-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I had same problem kept on doing it intermittently. I cured it by redoing the f plugs to motor and lnb. Its been allright now for about 6 months.