PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Uno Impressed.

tr8.
02-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Been playing with my new toy a few days now.
So far tried Black hole and Vix images.
Vix was more plug and play but have to do a lot more to centre the picture
Blackhole was great but more FTP work.

Would say so far as good as my DM800HD-se, but as so much runs withing each machines limit the VU+ quicker processor not showing through yet, but i dont have 3d tv.
Today I fit HDrive and go back to Blackhole,
Both images crashed at least once on installing add ons. but when loaded ran for 24hrs stable with white card and 2 way and 6 cards total with Cccam 2.3
The crashes may be me loading too much without re-boot.

Minor bit: would rather as smaller box and external power, very handy front usb, not greatest remote even my spiderbox remote feels better quality.

Result so far.
Good buy. and helped as E2 i now understand better.

^^COMPASS^^
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
tr8 VU+UNO is a great Enthusiasts receiver,

I Tried various images on mine including Vix images but found issues with audio button on the earlier Vix image and the more recent Vix image i had issues centring the picture on my Tv.

What i have settled with is BlackHole-1.6.3 which is very stable & Cross EPG works a treat.

I also added enigma2-plugin-extensions-lskplugin which allowed me to download my cams etc (LSK Addon contains cams for all images, settings etc etc)

There is also CCcam switcher & CCcam info for Black hole images that you can ftp to temp folder i found these on Dudez

Happy Days

sonic1
02-01-2012, 01:07 PM
The Uno is a great box but if you want the nice remote you will have to get the Ultimo :D
@^^COMPASS^^ 1.66 is much more stable :respect-056:

Burnham
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Good review and responses.

I've had my VU+ Duo for three months now and remain thoroughly impressed. I had ViX from the start and as I like the look have not wanted to change. Loading Cams was easy, once I learnt how to use IPK files. EPG now works great, also a learning process for me to get it set up as I wanted.

I could even FTP over recordings from my e2 AZBox when that played up. The media player is the easiest I have used on a satellite box.

But Oh, that remote control, what a shocker for a great box.

tr8.
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
The Uno is a great box but if you want the nice remote you will have to get the Ultimo :D
@^^COMPASS^^ 1.66 is much more stable :respect-056:

I was playing with 1.67

Thanks COMPASS great tip forgot the LSK Addon much easier.

hda5
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
I've uploaded the LSK files to the plugins section here in case anyone else needs them.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?153671-LSK-Addons&p=828268#post828268

TUT
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
@tr8
As you have tried both boxes, the VU+ UNO and the Dreambox 800HD se , which one is better in terms of picture quality in SD and HD ?
Also which one is better overall and why ?

tr8.
09-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I would say for the 1st time in a long while it is hard to justify the extra cost of the DM.
I can say there is no real difference.
Spec on paper the VU+ is better ie more memory and newer processor,twin sata, dual core processor etc.

I still have the DM as my main machine because its a DM
I use the same channel list,editor, Cams etc on both so easy to use and keep both looking the same.

What would I change on the VU+ the remote control, and i like the external power supply of the DM.
DM not sure about the top fan when i got it, now think its great, wish it had a front usb like the VU+
VU+ loop through i dont use it but many do. The VU has cams and card, cards only DM

I dont have a 3D TV that is where its said the VU+ processor dual core 400mhz over the single core DM 400mhz give a lot more
As with all its personal choice, I can move my card from one machine to the other and my freinds will not know anything has changed, same for me to recieve.
I have 2 dish's and keeping both its the spiderbox thats off to the loft.

TUT
14-01-2012, 06:43 PM
@tr8
Which box have the best picture quality in SD & HD ?

ALBERT
15-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi
For uno and others Look for Cubic images all you need :)
ALBERT :)

tr8.
16-01-2012, 09:31 PM
To be honest Cannot tell the difference.
They are both on LCD TV's 37" Sony and 42" Samsung
Both can run at 100HZ if broadcast.
Have tried both on both with sport and films HD and really they were both very good.
SD always looks bad to me as my channel lists hide the SD channels when HD is available so I watch mostly HD except the annoying BBC1HD and its lack of local!!!!
To test better I think it needs to be 3D when they are worked harder.