PDA

View Full Version : xcam - what a shocker

ManikM
02-01-2012, 03:10 PM
i accidentally went back to the ori ice f/w last night, and it cleared a certain sly hd channel...

i was impressed that it didnt glitch (was watching the darts)

i thought im gonna record this and go to bed....hit record, MASSIVE glitching started...co-incidence?? maybe, so i stopped the recording.

the glitching stopped too... i waited 30 seconds, and hit record again, glitching occurred again!!!

how rubbish is that!!!

gadstamut
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Good info. Shame about the record not working for you, is xcam unique to icecrypt

echelon
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
i accidentally went back to the ori ice f/w last night, and it cleared a certain sly hd channel...

i was impressed that it didnt glitch (was watching the darts)

i thought im gonna record this and go to bed....hit record, MASSIVE glitching started...co-incidence?? maybe, so i stopped the recording.

the glitching stopped too... i waited 30 seconds, and hit record again, glitching occurred again!!!

how rubbish is that!!!

my HD channels start ok , even the fta ones , but gradually get worse , and I have recording/pvr turned off and never record on it anyway

until they sort out the channel glitching on fta HD channels I wont be using them myself , my SD seem fine however

ManikM
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
yeah im using the latest AAF E2 image and have oscam running with a c-line - im watching my 2nd HD footy matches today, not one glitch, from two diff sats providers, recording doesnt affect.

ManikM
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Good info. Shame about the record not working for you, is xcam unique to icecrypt

think so, yes, and all other incarnations (octagon 1018 etc)

heyhey
05-01-2012, 02:32 AM
What version FW and xcamclient release are you using?
I'm using 2.09.87 with the dec xcamclient release and it's working fine recording and displaying pixelation free pics.

ManikM
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
not sure what f/w it was - latest xcam - dec.
useful tho, i'll try latest.

pashek
14-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Funny that this is posted. I had just logged in to ask a question as my recording are coming out very glitchy on my 4000. Not sure if it's related though because I don't even seem to get good results from SD recordings. Here are the details of my box:

S4000HDPVR
FS 9000 1.00
FS v 1.09.35

HD Speed test comes in at 199 MBits/S which should be fine for recording 2 HD streams no problem?

JaapS
14-01-2012, 05:50 PM
It is cam related, with oscam I can record 2 HD channels and watch one all glitch free. (only downfall is that oscam seem to die after a week and the box have to cold boot due to stapi errors)

pashek
15-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Hmmm, OSCam seems a bit more complicated to setup than XCAM was ut if it solves my issues I want to try it. Can anyone offer me some guidance or a fairly up to date configuation guide link?

pashek
18-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Not having a huge amount of luck with OSCAM. What I think should be fairly simple is proving to be an issue. Can anyone help?

pashek
18-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Looks like I can't PM people at the moment (Post count under 15). If someone PMs me, can I reply?

fatboy7
18-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Stick with Oscam, for many reasons, its worth getting your head around, and fix's so many issues, even over Incubus (good but a bit old now).

I got everything I needed from here.

_http://streamboard.gmc.to:8001/

Enjoy...

pashek
18-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks, I've looked through a bit of do***entaion but I am getting strange results. I am using OSCAM as a client only using newcamd protocol. However, I am not getting the desired results. If someone in similar cir***stances can PM me that would be appreciated.

fatboy7
18-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Many thanks to JTH_58, who posted this.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?153998-Oscam-and-Mgcam-Plugins-for-PKT-HAARP-image-v3a-v3c-usb-hdd

FTP in, copy over the files to the right places, add your stuff to the .services file, done, (very, very short version).