PDA

View Full Version : VU+Solo dosenīt boot

snabbast
03-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi !

Ive tested to update my vu+ like always on the menu, but this time it would not start at all.
I tested to reinstall my image Open Pli 2.1 and it did start again, then the same thing when I tested to update, dead....

Then I have seen that i must update new bootloader and did that, then I try to take a newer Open Pli from 20120102 and then it want start att all. Know I cannot reeinstall at all. Only red LED on the front.

Help me! Anyone maybe knows how to do? I have dreambox too but there iīve Dreamup to fix the dreambox but now i donīt know how to do.

I got a serial rs232 cable that i have used on my dreambox and itīs the same to VU+

Really need som help here.

Regards
Snabbast

sonic1
03-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Carry out the CFE update again and when done power the box off for at least 1 minute.
Then try and load a different image such as Black hole or VIX both of which have the latest kernel.
You can still flash via null modem but I doubt you will need to.

sonic1
03-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Forgot to add, make sure you have no other USB devices in the rear when you carry out the update.

snabbast
03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
The thing is that the VU+ dosenīt read anything on the USB stick. I have tested 2 USB stick more and dosenīt read. Iīve tested vu-util v2.01 too but when i load it with an image it says that turn on the box but nothing happening.... Only red LED on front.

sonic1
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
What happens when you try and load and original image from Vu such as version 6.0 ?

snabbast
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Still not reading the USB stick.... Now I will go and buy a couple more USB sticks ant check if its gonna work.

snabbast
03-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Know iīve tested 2 different USB stick and the VU+ does not read from anyone....

Sonic1: I have tested Version 6.0 too and the box does not reading the USB stick.... :(

dog-man
03-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I assume you have upgraded to the new larger bootloader.

Then when flashing the latest build PLI firmware for your box, it does take much longer for anything to happen.

I almost gave up and was about to pull the usb drive out when it just beat me and launched into action and flashed.

dog-man

tr8.
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Can say my VU+ Uno only liked one of my 3 usb sticks a 2.0gb Scandisk Cruzer one
I put it down to the other 2 sticks were quite old and take a while to be read, the scandisk is very fast when put in any machine
after i got one og the new usb3 flash drives and it reads that as well so it seem old slow usb pens are not fully found before it passed that stage of boot.

sonic1
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Have read elsewhere that you possibly used the CFE update for the Duo on your Solo.
You have killed the box if that is the case.

Zeke
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Does the Solo have only one USB port? If not try the other one.

A
03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
BE CAREFUL when updating bootloader see that the file is meant for your type of decoder. Duo files DUO ONLY.