PDA

View Full Version : softcam loading

maggie
03-01-2012, 10:22 PM
hi, this may seem a silly question, but i wonder if anyone can give me a quick guide to loading the softcams? done it several times before but this time i can't get it to load, just a quick list of how to would tell me if i'm doing it wrong?
help would be appreciated as i have looked at all the stickies & can't find one to tell me
thanks in advance
maggie

echelon
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM
download softcam

unpack to a folder on your hdd

copy that folder to usb stick formatted to fat32

put in spiderbox usb port

press menu and go to usb option and ok it , and navigate to the softcam folder you copied over

highlight the softcam file and press ok

you will be asked if you wish to import that file , say yes and ok it

2 seconds later its done

the basics were in my thread here in blue

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151927-simple-guide-to-setting-up-a-Spiderbox-HD

maggie
03-01-2012, 10:33 PM
thanks echelon, i am doing it right then, it may be that the eth.... has gone on my box, thanks for the great reply
appreciated
maggie

echelon
03-01-2012, 10:37 PM
thanks echelon, i am doing it right then, it may be that the eth.... has gone on my box, thanks for the great reply
appreciated
maggie

that has nothing to do with the softcam m8

the softcam is for ucas , and so you just check ucas is switched on in keyedit

no ethernet or internet is required for using ucas

ethernet is different and is in networking , and system info tells you if the firmware is RM that works , or FM that doesnt work

maggie
03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
ok thanks, i'll look & see if the ucas is off, the box went off this afternoon & had to be loaded up again, maybe thats it, i'll go look, cheers for the help
maggie

echelon
03-01-2012, 10:48 PM
ok thanks, i'll look & see if the ucas is off, the box went off this afternoon & had to be loaded up again, maybe thats it, i'll go look, cheers for the help
maggie

no problem , those details are in my FAQ too ;)