PDA

View Full Version : Internal and/ or external HDD, USB or SATA ?

HotRock
09-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi
I have VU+Duo with a 1.5tb Sata hdd installed externally working well on Blackhole image. I have filled this drive, and now want to increase the size again by adding a additional drive, here is my questions if any one can help.

1: Can I install another 1.5tb hdd internally and keep my existing 1.5tb external sata hdd ?
2: Is a internal the best way forward, or should I just get a 1.5tb external USB drive to run along side my external SATA Drive ?
3: Is any one using the Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB - 300 MBps - 7200 rpm, its only £50 at the moment, just want to make sure its compatable ?
4: If I do have 2 hard drives installed, how do I switch between the 2 ? Anyone done this, or are you all just using the 1 HDD ?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to offer !

Hotrock

Zeke
10-01-2012, 04:11 AM
You don't switch you just mount it. Best to mount the internal to a permenant place in the file system. This way you can take the USB off if need be without causing any problems.

There are settings for standard movie locations for recording. Set it to the new empty drive.

I'm using a 2TB drive I think it's a WDC but I don't really remember.

HotRock
11-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks for your response, but I Just really need to know if I can run 2 hard drives at the same time on the vu+duo, one internally, and one externally both on Sata connection ?

Thanks Again
Hotrock