PDA

View Full Version : Prio Files for Spider?

Dr. House
12-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Hi guys!

I don't know if somebody can help me in this subject. I am using for some weeks new sealions. They seem good quality but since they made changes in se*rv*ers sometimes freezes. The guys keep told me that I should use a Prio file because it would solve the problem...but how to use it in my Spider 9000? No way, right? So how can I improve it, for example Can***** channels, because it takes a while to open 1 channel?

Thanks for any help!

Aldo
12-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi M8

I have just looked for info ref Prio Files on the other forum, and this was the answer to your query:

You can not use Prio files on Spiderbox,only for Linux boxes.

echelon
12-01-2012, 01:21 AM
is the correct answer

all you can do is set the priority to one srvr from several if using more than one srvr ( more than 1 srvr enabled )

corporates
12-01-2012, 02:09 PM
As already said a prio file cannot be used, it would be great if the spiderbox team came up with a way to do it.

I have had this issue using 9 lines, when you press PR button on remote it brings up the client list, if you press info button it will show which port the channel is using, if it is working ok switch the other lines to off. This helps.

I have tried a few with one line but have never had decent ecm times.

The fact that the guy is telling you to use a prio file says he has no idea about spiderbox.

Also, if you have ethernet enabled, either turn that off or turn svr off if the channel can be cleared with both.

The one i use now has 3 lines and is very very good :)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Corporates

echelon
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
it also shows that there is little point discussing linux issues when it comes to a spiderbox

either you obtain and use a linux box and then use prio files , or you work within spiderbox limits and dont get involved with non-spiderbox issues like prio files or adding plugins or emus etc

like comparing diesel and petrol , they may do a similar job but rely on totally different engineering

corporates
12-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I can agree with that echelon, both totally different.

However, some patches have been released to "optimize" ethernet/connection protocols, which can be see when moving from one satellite to the next and ethernet already shows up before you get to the channel, or ucas, depending upon the channel.

If this is possible for the patch maker then it makes one wonder.

Satcat
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
As already said a prio file cannot be used, it would be great if the spiderbox team came up with a way to do it.

I have had this issue using 9 lines, when you press PR button on remote it brings up the client list, if you press info button it will show which port the channel is using, if it is working ok switch the other lines to off. This helps.

I have tried a few with one line but have never had decent ecm times.

The fact that the guy is telling you to use a prio file says he has no idea about spiderbox.

Also, if you have ethernet enabled, either turn that off or turn svr off if the channel can be cleared with both.

The one i use now has 3 lines and is very very good :)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Corporates

I didn't know about that function (pr > info) Very useful, thanks.

corporates
12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Nor did i until i was asked by someone about prio files some time ago, your welcome mate.

By the way, it isn't mentioned anywhere else or in any other forums, unless its me that i know of, so spread it around, just give me the cred...lol.

Cheers satcat.
regards
corporates

corporates
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Go into server setup-select line-press fn1 and this will set that line as priority server.

Nice one, i knew i could rely on you to put something fantastic into this post. Tried it and saw the message i have never seen before.
Missing you from the other place mate.DMs

Regards
Corporates

Satcat
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Go into server setup-select line-press fn1 and this will set that line as priority server.

Another good one I didn't know about. Cheers M8.

corporates
12-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Another good one I didn't know about. Cheers M8.

Just shows how good it is to check the forums satcat. Ive had the box over a year, and am in some of manics(nice one T) other forums but never knew this.

I'm glad echelon left this post open now..

Regards
Corporates

echelon
12-01-2012, 08:32 PM
echelon wishes some of you would read the SPIDERBOX - GUIDES & FAQ SECTION on here ,
where this setting priority is mentioned more than once in those FAQ`s ;)

the fact is that 90% of spiderbox owners could not find that section if they tried ;) never mind actually read it LOL :D

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?130612-Setting-up-your-SpiderBox-Setup-amp-Installation-Guide POST 2

dated AUGUST 2010 !!

skomedal
12-01-2012, 09:40 PM
echelon wishes some of you would read the SPIDERBOX - GUIDES & FAQ SECTION on here ,
where this setting priority is mentioned more than once in those FAQ`s ;)

the fact is that 90% of spiderbox owners could not find that section if they tried ;) never mind actually read it LOL :D

:respect-046::respect-046::respect-046:

Very true statement echelon but not only reserved to spiderbox owners!!

Also to other members if they did a search first in the relevant sections of their query would find their answers then if nothing found there did a search/advanced search ( top right below the GW promo ).

But no most use the lazy/lackadaisical method of posting new help messages on subjects that are already answered on this forum.:banghead:

Regards

Dr. House
16-01-2012, 10:16 PM
By the way, I noticed one thing, I don't know if the problem is my Spider or my sealion, but in all the channels of SLY UK and Italy I have a cut every 10 seconds in the sound. The picture is fine, no freezes at all, but the sound cut every 10 seconds...
Someone can say what could be the problem?
Cheers!

welshpaddy
16-01-2012, 11:03 PM
same for me