PDA

View Full Version : Help getting Vu+ Solo to Work on Sly UK

MrCool
13-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi All,

I am new to this site and find it extremely helpful.

As a complete beginner on how to flash a receiver box, I have followed the 'dummies' how to guide but still can't get it to work :banghead:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?150216-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Uno

Does any one know if there are any other useful instructions I can follow? :)

Sorry if you heard this so many times and thanks advance

zola25
13-01-2012, 07:51 AM
What exactly cant you do?
Have you managed to flash the box yet ? can you pck up FTA channels yet ie BBC ITV etc or do you just need to install a cam to get your sky card to work.

MrCool
13-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the reply zola25.

I have tried to flash the box using the USB stick but I am unsure if the process was fully successful.

Having said that I have managed to set the Tuner Configuration and search all the UK channels so YES I am picking up the FTA channels.

I am also running the VUCC on my computer and think I have uploaded the channel list onto my box.

Perhaps I just need to install a cam for sports and movies, etc? and if that is the case how do I do that please?

I have no physical card included in box so I am assuming the cam will be a software. Cheers

zola25
13-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like you just need to install a cam but need to no what image you are using at the moment

MrCool
13-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh I see, do you know how I can check what image I am using?

Sorry but I am completely new to all this mate :)

A
13-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Menu- information-about

MrCool
13-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Oh thanks, I have seen it :)

It says the following

Image: Experimental 2011-05-16

zola25
13-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Not even sure what that is maybe the original image but it is very out of date and there have been many bug fixes since then.
If i was you i would update to the latest ViX or Blackhole image but you wold have to update the bootloader as well.
If it is the original image it does not offer anything like the flexability of the other images, both to flash the bootloader and image are very simple to flash but make sure if you flash the bootloader that there is nothing else on the usb stick.

MrCool
13-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks again for the useful info but the problem I am having is installing the VIX image onto the box.

I am loading it via USB flash which includes all three files in folder title 'vuplus' and sub-folder. However when I reboot the box the installation doesn't work and the image is still the old one i.e. 'Image: Experimental 2011-05-16' and NOT VIX image.

Can you offer any help how to transfer this files using the USB or alternatively I have the FlashFXP as well as FileZilla at hand. Thanks

digicon
13-01-2012, 06:00 PM
The Image Experimental is the factory default image here is how you update the solo

files go in a vuplus/solo directory from the root of the USB stick. You then put the USB stick in the front USB port on the SOLO, then turn on mains power and you should get:

ORANGE/RED LIGHT (CONSTANT) IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - LED LIGHT FLASHING ON USB STICK (if yours has an LED)

after a min or two you'll then get

ORANGE/RED LIGHT FLASH IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB STICK

then just a short while later

GREEN LED FLASHING IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB

That's it, you can now remove the USB stick and turn the mains power off then back on. Once you turn the power back on again the green LED in the display window should be constant and it'll just be a black screen on the TV, you must wait a good while now, longer than you'd imagine, then eventually the VU+ setup wizard screen will appear and you are good to go!

MrCool
13-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks digicon but I was following exactly those instructions before but I have discovered my problem was the USP not being recognised by the box even though it was working perfectly fine on my computer.

Solution was getting a different USB and doing the process over again and that worked perfectly

I will now attempt install the cam software :001_302:

MrCool
13-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Need help with CCcam.cfg file guys?

I have managed to installed 'enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk' on Vix but I don't get any message for CCcam 2.2.1 under SoftCam/CI menu

zola25
13-01-2012, 11:09 PM
You need to ftp a cfg file to etc just use the one from the rar file in this link
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?143743-CCcam-2-2-1

MrCool
14-01-2012, 12:27 AM
I have managed to installed the CCcam and it's got 'active' green tick but I can't view any movies or sports channels?

Any idea what this might be?

digicon
14-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I take it you are trying to get an official white card working in your solo, if so then you will need the boxkey from your current subscription sky box and then enter this into cccam.cfg like this

BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 XX XX XX XX

I am not going into an in depth explanation of how to get your box key, Because this has been done to death and the search facility or google is your friend

MrCool
14-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Yes spot on mate...OK I will pursue to get the box key now though it sounds like I got to play around with the config file again. Cheers