PDA

View Full Version : North Star Channel List NO Terrestrial?

tinto de verano
15-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi.

First Thanks to North Star For the very comprehensive North Star HD Channel List Motorised.

I have 9000 Combo.

After loading North Star HD Channel List Motorised, I try to runa a terrestrial search but it does not work. There are no frequencies (0.0) available.

Was this list created on a non combo spider and does it lack the necessary terrestrial frequencies?

How can this be solved?

Thanks.

tinto de verano

echelon
15-01-2012, 11:49 PM
The only channel lists I have ever seen have all been created on a non-combo spiderbox , including my own

I have never seen one that contained terrestrial channels ot transponders and so I dont think one has ever existed , nor do I believe that north star intimated it was for a combo box or had been created on a combo box

BUT I have noticed that many members with combo boxes use the standard lists successfully

so its my opinion you are looking for something that has never existed , and most combo owners take the standard list onboard and then do a terrestrial scan afterwards

tinto de verano
16-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi echelon.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So far I have always used Compass channel lists.

I have always been able to run a Terrestrial Search, find and add the channels it finds.

But now with North Stars (thanks again) I find that I go to Terrestrial Search and, as mentioned earlier, there are no frequencies available. If I expand the frequencies, a grey empty box appears. On previous channel lists, a complete list of frequencies would appear.

I have just downloade the Spiderbox channel editor (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?130619-SpiderBox-Channel-Editor). I do not know hot to use it yet.

I have opened in it Compass November list. If I scroll down the Satellite list on the left I can see many frequencies in the Transponder list below.

If I do the ssame in North Star's channel list... the Transponder list corresponding to terrestrial is EMPTY.

That might be it.

Why the difference I do not know.

I am trying to find a way to edit/combine both lists (adding the terrestrial frequencies from Comapss's list to the new North Star list).

I hope it is possible.

Any advice really appreciated.

Thanks again.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
16-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Ok..

So far, no clue how to do it.

I have also downloaded the New Channel Editor (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?135645-new-channel-editor) and installed it.

If I open Compasss's list, at the end of the Satellites list I can see DVB-T, with all the corresponding frquencies in the Transponders list.

If I open North Star's list and scroll down to the bottom of the Satellites list, there is no DVB-T.

That is it.

The question is How do I add DVB-T to North Star's channel list?

Thinking, trying, working on it...

Any help appreciated.

Thanks again.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
16-01-2012, 09:08 PM
And here are 2 images that show what is missing:

tinto de verano
17-01-2012, 08:19 PM
And here is an image of the latest channel list from BilliBits (no tried it yet).

Luckily, it does contain the Terrestrial frequencies (like Compass's list).

I hope that in the future everyone creates/edits lists that do contain those terrestrial frequencies.

That way owners of the 9000 Combo will be able to scan and save TV channels to the list. Otherwise, as in North Star's list, it does not seem possible, at least for me.

Thank you all.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
17-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Quick update:
I have just uploaded BilliBits latest channel list to my 9000 Combo and I can confirm that I was able to do a Terrestrial Search *the frequencies were there) and save the terrestrial TV channels to the list.
It has to be said that when I first scrolled down the comprehensive list fo sats to the end... I did not see "Terrestrial", and I got a bit worried.
But when I went into Terrestrial Search all the frequencies were there and it worked.
After saving all the Terrestrial TV channels, "terrestrial" appeared after the last sat.
Good.
Thank you all for your help.
tinto de verano

djbobw
20-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi, thats a pretty cool looking channel editor. Is that freely available, as the latest one I downloaded is nowhere near as nice looking (and has the HD channel dissapearing niggle if you double click the file).

Cheers.

tinto de verano
18-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi djbobw,
Sorry I did not totice your post earlier.

If you look at post #3 and #5 you will see the links to both editors.

Enjoy.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
15-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi.
First of all, I would like o thank North Star for his 2 lists posted today.
I will also like to mention that, after a quick check, they also seem to be missing the terrestrial frequencies. So I will not be able to scan for terrestrial channels in my HD9000 Combo and add them to the list.
Not a criticism, just noting a point/issue, I am thankful for the posting of this 2 new lists.
I would only like to ask North Star if possible that when he creates his lists, he could take us combo users into account, please.
Thanks in advance.
Otherwise I will have to wait for an updated list from Compasss or Billy Bits, which always seem to include the terrestrial frequencies.
Thank you all.
tinto de verano

North Star
06-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Sorry can't help you on that one as I don't use the terrestrial. Most of the freeview channels I watch are on 28.2. The freeview tuners in the spiderbox will not pick up HD freeview channels due to the format used in the UK.

tinto de verano
06-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi North Star,

Thanks for your continuous work and lists.

Even if you do not use terrestrial, could you include the option in your channel lists to allow me to search for the terrestrial channels, please?

As explained above in the thread: "... I go to Terrestrial Search and, as mentioned earlier, there are no frequencies available. If I expand the frequencies, a grey empty box appears. ... If I open Compasss's list, at the end of the Satellites list I can see DVB-T, with all the corresponding frquencies in the Transponders list. If I open North Star's list and scroll down to the bottom of the Satellites list, there is no DVB-T."

Also have a look at the screenshots.

If you can, if you cannot, do not worry, thanks anyway.

tinto de verano

Added later after noticing there is a list with today's date> Thanks for adding the note "Please note there is no Free-view terrestrial Channels for Spiderbox Combo in this channel list"

North Star
06-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Will see what I can do for the next update...

tinto de verano
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks in advance.
tinto de verano

TonyO
17-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Is that true that the spider 9900 wont tune in HD digital terrestrial channels ?

tinto de verano
10-07-2012, 08:39 PM
I would really like to thank echelon for the updated channel list he posted today.
It includes the terrestrial frequencies.
That means I will be able to scan the freeview channels in my 9000 Combo, find them and save them.
Really appreciated.
I hope it does not mean too much work for echelon and other people who post channel lists (a big than you to all of you), and that everyone can include those Terrestrial frequencies in their channel lists.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED.
Tinto de verano

echelon
10-07-2012, 10:02 PM
I would really like to thank echelon for the updated channel list he posted today.
It includes the terrestrial frequencies.
That means I will be able to scan the freeview channels in my 9000 Combo, find them and save them.
Really appreciated.
I hope it does not mean too much work for echelon and other people who post channel lists (a big than you to all of you), and that everyone can include those Terrestrial frequencies in their channel lists.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED.
Tinto de verano

its news to me m8, my spiderbox is a standard 9000 and doesnt have a terrestrial tuner as its not a combo

so I did nothing at all on that score

glad it works for you though :)

tinto de verano
10-07-2012, 11:35 PM
As you can see in the screenshots in post #5, some channel lists include the terrestrial frequencies and some don't.
If they do, I can carry on a search and find the freeview channels. But if the channel list does not include the terrestrial frequencies, then I cannot search and I cannot find and save the terrestrial channels.
Luckily, yours did include the terrestrial frequencies. Therefore, I have now searched for and saved the terrestrial channels.
Even if you did not know/did not do anything special... a very special thank you.
tinto de verano