PDA

View Full Version : S4000 - E2 images

pashek
21-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Are most people now running E2 images on their S4000? I wasn't sure I wanted to take that jump but I think I may be missing out on a lot of functionality by not moving across. What are the major advantages?

pashek
22-01-2012, 05:22 PM
OK, having read through some of the other threads it would appear that the E2 images have more problems than I would want to deal with although there do seem to be various benefits. I'll stick to the standard firmware for now!

fatboy7
22-01-2012, 05:31 PM
With the bootloaders (HDfreaks / Maxiboot etc and stock), now available for stock firmware as plugins, it makes giving E2 a try so much easier and quicker.

From installing the plugin to setting up E2 from a USB stick takes about 4-5 minutes now, bit longer if its your first time.

I'm running the latest PKTeam (3c), for E2 and wouldn't consider going back to stock unless all the faults get fixed (EPG, HD freezing etc etc).

Give a go, if you don't like it take the USB stick out and run stock firmware.

Regarding pros and cons, it just works (CrossEPG with about 7days info / fast zaping / loads of media playing, recording toys / multi skins), could go on , but it just works.

Cheers...

ManikM
22-01-2012, 05:44 PM
With the bootloaders (HDfreaks / Maxiboot etc and stock), now available for stock firmware as plugins, it makes giving E2 a try so much easier and quicker.

From installing the plugin to setting up E2 from a USB stick takes about 4-5 minutes now, bit longer if its your first time.

I'm running the latest PKTeam (3c), for E2 and wouldn't consider going back to stock unless all the faults get fixed (EPG, HD freezing etc etc).

Give a go, if you don't like it take the USB stick out and run stock firmware.

Regarding pros and cons, it just works (CrossEPG with about 7days info / fast zaping / loads of media playing, recording toys / multi skins), could go on , but it just works.

Cheers...

hear hear!

pashek
23-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Maybe I will have another look. Certainly when I looked at it a while back it wasn't sounding very simple but if that's changed and it's as simple as taking out the stick then I'll give it a blast.