PDA

View Full Version : Which image to use? Share your thoughts

REBEL-MC
27-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi All,
Got Icecrypt S4000 which I believe has the potential to be a great box.

BUT.

1. Stock firmware - NO EPG!!. HD Channels sound sync glitch. Firmware updates always a month later than Octagon 1018.
2. Enigma 2 - PKT Image 3c. Very good. But crashes all the time. Either pic freeze or spinning logo.
3. Enigma 2 - AAF Image Latest. Still crashes but not as much. Bit fussy with oscam.
4. Neutrino - Bpanther image. Excellent. Easy setup. Looks good. Oscam easy. Still crashes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Has someone got this box setup spot on without any issues?

Any advice.

Cheers

REBEL-MC
29-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi All, Got it sorted. PKT advice.

Now running pkteam 3c. Rock solid.

Previosly the 3c image would crash all the time, either with a pick freeze with red tinge (overheating) or the pkt logo on the the top left just spinning, leaving the box needing a manual restart. Oscam would work fine but seemed to stop for no apparent reason, and a restart in the emumanger would fix it. Also from time to time I would loose one of the tuners? The box would be ok for roughly a 6 hour period, and then one of the above would happen.

Now everything I was hoping for. Oscam working great, Crossepg downloads automatically, Emumanager keeps the oscam emu running all the time. Recording on two tuners at same time working fine (even on HD). Box has been on and working well over 30hrs (before 6 at most). And box is now ice cold without the use of a fan.

It's not what you know, it's who you ask!!

fatboy7
29-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Rebel-MC

Like you I've tried a few, the one's I keep going back to are:

PKteam's 3a or 3c - I'm having the same issue as you, please share PKT's advice.
AAF tiTan Alpha v1.2a
AAF Hot Summer V2 (girl on suitcase)
AFF Serverupdate (most recent offering from AAF)
HDFreaks E2 (bit old now)

I've added the one's I couldn't find easily, for anyone wanting to play.

Enjoy...

blakmumba
13-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Any1 recommend a good stable image with full working epg?. Just abit tired of constantly loading the epg manually on orig icecrypt firmware.

Thanx