PDA

View Full Version : Software Changes required for the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI

jasonterry
04-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys

Im running a thread regarding software issues i have found with the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, if you guys would like to contribute please feel free, the more feed back we get regarding software issues the more we can get changed, we can then forward the issues to the manufacters of these products and get changes embedded in future firmware updates.

1. AV/HDMI problems, when using the HDMI socket on the S3500HDCCI to your main TV it works great, but the AV socket is disabled when using HDMI, this causes a problem if you want to distribute your channels via an RF Modulator around the house or setting up a slingbox. To activate the AV socket you have to Press Menu on the remote, go to configuration then select A/V Output Setting then change the Display Resolution to 576i which then activates the AV socket but then disables the HDMI socket so you cant use your HDMI lead to your main TV this needs to be addressed in the next software release, it should be just a simple piece of code to sort the issue out.

If you are trying to setup a slingbox with the gold plated phono lead that comes with the slingbox dont, all you will get is a picture and a loud buzz on the audio, you will need to contact turbosat and get them to send out a compatible phono lead due to the pins on the slingbox phono lead being different.

Keep adding what you require in the software updates and lets get this box up to speed and a pleasure to use.

JT

penta77
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi

You can add to the list

A big improvement of playing media client , MKV files are "Lagging" lagging :( and some other formats to ex. flv i think
And if you have two 3500 and use one as a mediaserver and the other as a client it only says "movie fail" when you try to playback media from one box to the other.

EPG , Sirius and Thor the EPG only show two programs ahed.

br

plodge
09-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Hi

For me the only big problem I have witht his box is the EPG on astra 28.2e, it loads up the channels on the page I am on for the next 7 days but 2 hours later it has lost the data and I have to reload.

jasonterry
09-02-2012, 01:59 AM
I have also found that when playing movies via a usb stick or external hard drive you cannot fast forward or rewind. i will put these issuses to the manufacter as i was speaking to them today in regards my post re av issue they are going to speak to the sofware writers shortly.

ColdAsICE
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
1. AV/HDMI problems, when using the HDMI socket on the S3500HDCCI to your main TV it works great, but the AV socket is disabled when using HDMI, this causes a problem if you want to distribute your channels via an RF Modulator around the house or setting up a slingbox. To activate the AV socket you have to Press Menu on the remote, go to configuration then select A/V Output Setting then change the Display Resolution to 576i which then activates the AV socket but then disables the HDMI socket so you cant use your HDMI lead to your main TV this needs to be addressed in the next software release, it should be just a simple piece of code to sort the issue out.

The AV socket is disabled if a higher than standard definition is selected in the A/V menu. In other words anything above 576i PAL.
The S3500 does not downscale HD for the A/V output so if you are using a RF modulator then you cannot have the HD you are stuck with SD but selecting 576i PAL does not disable the HDMI as you claim, it simple lowers the HDMI resolution to the A/V level.

jasonterry
04-06-2012, 02:47 PM
The AV socket is disabled if a higher than standard definition is selected in the A/V menu. In other words anything above 576i PAL.
The S3500 does not downscale HD for the A/V output so if you are using a RF modulator then you cannot have the HD you are stuck with SD but selecting 576i PAL does not disable the HDMI as you claim, it simple lowers the HDMI resolution to the A/V level.

If you use 576i it does disable the HDMI port on 1080 interlace televisions i.e you cannot use AV/HDMI ports at the same time, this is due to the software writers thinking end users would prefer Picture in Graphic instead of being able to run an RF modulator distribution system and using the HDMI socket to watch it on your main television set. There is a work around that i have posted so you can use the HDMI socket for both RF & HDMI as the same time.

buck401
04-06-2012, 04:15 PM
The latest F/W posted last week still will not display more than now and next on the EPG synopsis. I have to use my s4000 to see
what the programme is about. Apart from that the EPG populates OK for the week when put into standby.
The Fast Forward will not work when playing back a recording.
Descrambled HD channels are still slightly glitchy as are recordings.
I cannot get the s3500 to connect to my s4000. For some reason the Mclient will not let me enter a server. Mcas works OK

rake
09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Well some advice here please as I am not sure if I have a faulty box or if its the firmware / applicationsoftware.

My box wont come out of standby alot. It tries to boot then goes back to the red LED.
Takes some 4 to 6 times to get it to work and then sometimes I have to 3 pin reset it.

I tried factory restore and then reloadf the firmware and plugin but its always the same.

Anyone else get this behaviour ?

ColdAsICE
11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
rake, the problem you discribe could be caused by a few things.
It might be a simple firmware issue, have you tried using the flash cleaner firmware, then doing a factory reset and then loading the latest version which is now V2.10.57?
The other thing that can cause your type of problem is something might be causing a power drain which is near the limits of the internal regulators that can stop the unit from powering up.
This can be caused by an external USB device like a Hard drive which is not self powered or even a dodgy LNB connection(water in the LNB cable/connector) which is drawing too much power but not enough to shut it all down completely.
Hope these suggestions help you find the cause of the problem.

cdtuk
03-08-2012, 12:58 PM
There is a work around that i have posted so you can use the HDMI socket for both RF & HDMI as the same time.

can you tell me how you did this as this is something Im also trying to sort out as using an RF mod as well.

DARTFORD
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM
I have just got the S3600, similar to this model, very pleased with it, just a couple of short falls on media playback from another source (MKV) 2.35:1 ratio films only display as 16:9, I can't get the black bars at the top and bottom to show, and no DTS support. Would also be nice to record at 720 from a 1080i program, joining 4gb files together causes me a small glitch at the join when I recode the files, I only need 720 for my size tv.