PDA

View Full Version : Freecaddie on an F&H

lobman
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Hi Folks, New here, so be gentle!!!

Have been running Freecaddie golf GPS SW on a Navigo for some years but since I tried to bounce it off of the garage floor it is not very well!

Have bought an F&H and attempted to run the Freecaddie SW without success. I installed the Freecaddie SW package c/w menus, portsplitter etc on an SD card. The F&H runs the menu system but when I try to run the portsplitter I get all kinds of loud beeps and failures. Also when I run freecaddie, I get similar failures. Something to do with PInvoke, so I guess it is the portsplitter. Can any one out there help?

Would appreciate a push in the right direction.

Bod
16-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi , hello and welcome to SatPimps :)

Bod

lobman
25-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Bod, thanks for the welcome. Have not had any response to my request for help to get Freecaddie running on my F&H.

I have installed a Menu system, some Apps & Games and a Port Splitter on an SD card (originally download from PC Tailor) and Freecaddie. The Menu System, the Apps, the Games and Freecaddie al work OK but Freecaddie does not get and GPS signal. I guess this what the Port Splitter is for. When I try to get this working the device does not find it!!! (altho it is on the SD card).

The original SW works OK on my broken Navigo but only when I hold the ribbon cable that connects the main board to the screen with my fingers!!!! Not very mobile!!!

Seriously I would be really grateful if someone can give me guidance and direction on getting Freecaddie working on this F&H stanav