PDA

View Full Version : DNLA Function on 6000 with 2.09.87 Fw loaded

geoffh
13-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok, running this firmware I have tried the DNLA function to access HD movie files on my laptop.
No problems accesing the files but a lot of problems trying to play them.
The picture and sound are juddery plus the box tends to crash when running the file. I have moved from a wi fi dongle on the stb to a hard wired ethernet connection to the router in the hope that connection speed was the issue but it has made no difference. The router is a Belkin n type so should be fast enough.
Any suggestions?
Cheers Geoffh

ColdAsICE
14-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Try the new firmware geoff, see if its has improved the DLNA. latest version is V2.10.11, not the CI+ as I know you don't have a CI+ Cam. Its on the firmware server.

geoffh
15-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok, a bit of an update.
Progress has been made, I can now enjoy the recorded HD movie files direct from my laptop via the stb on the television with out juddering and sound breakup.
changes made;
1) correctly set up my windows media server as described in this link xxx.agoraquest.com/viewtopic....35037&forum=70
2) Downloaded the latest Fw V2.10.11 from the importer's server.
I am still getting a time out issue that crashes the box and I cannot play recorded files from my stb on the laptop (but maybe I'm asking too much)
Has anybody else tried this yet?

wombatch
25-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Playing from the STC6000 onto my PC works fine, even over the wireless in my house. So I can watch anything that is on the STC6000 on my pc, I admit i don't do this much so I can't guarantee it works for a few hours. but for 10 minutes or so it is fine.

wombatch
12-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I started looking a little at DLNA and realised my comment above was based on just using samba mounts. The guide on the icecrypt webpage says there is plugin that runs as a DLNA server on the 6000, does anybody know where to get it from?