PDA

View Full Version : New nav core.

traveller
14-02-2012, 06:04 PM
A new nav core is out for some devices 9.400 . Somethings added, it does look a lot faster on updating traffic.

traveller
16-02-2012, 07:13 PM
So far no random crashes while live traffic is downloaded for the first time, which was a bug bear with the old nav core. Live traffic loads faster and seems to plan a lot faster. 2D / 3D now switchable on the screen and compass now back.

delilah
20-02-2012, 04:07 PM
The newer tomtom homes forces you to upgrade to the new application as you cant untick the box as its greyed out,
But if for whatever reason you want the option to untick the box and continue with the older application now and in the future read on below

First install older version of tomtom home.

1) anything prior to 2.8.1.2218.

2) Navigate to: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini.

3) Using notepad edit the Version=xxxxxxxxxx with the latest version number of tomtom home.

4) you will now have the option to upgraded application or not by unticking to box.

5) When a new version of home comes out re-enter the newer version number again.

Regards Delilah

traveller
20-02-2012, 07:21 PM
The newer tomtom homes forces you to upgrade to the new application as you cant untick the box as its greyed out,
But if for whatever reason you want the option to untick the box and continue with the older application now and in the future read on below

3) Using notepad edit the Version=xxxxxxxxxx with the latest version number of tomtom home.

4) you will now have the option to upgraded application or not by unticking to box.

5) When a new version of home comes out re-enter the newer version number again.

Regards Delilah

This is only applicable on some devices, ON my XL Live IQ I did have the option to or not to download the nav core. For me it was worth the upgrade.

delilah
20-02-2012, 08:44 PM
This is only applicable on some devices, ON my XL Live IQ I did have the option to or not to download the nav core. For me it was worth the upgrade.

Yes you are correct, I just posted this for members here who dont have the option unlike yourself

Regards Delilah

DARTFORD
20-02-2012, 10:50 PM
O Dear, despite spending the whole evening trying to un install the new update and putting my backed up software on and no amount of patching, I can not get the map to work, had to go back to the original old map, tried old home software, the ini re name seemed to work, but would all just crash on operate device, and device wouldn't re start
PS done many a map update, patched home dl, tt file and map patched, still no go, hopefully Russell wil do a work around

delilah
21-02-2012, 11:52 AM
hi DARTFORD
Will need a bit more info on what your doing , map version, tomtom your using, application, and are you saying that the application is working but not the map, do you see map not found or do you get the red box saying you cant use this map or is it just tomtom home that is crashing, what happens to tomtom when your not connected to the pc does it still crash,

Regards Delilah

DARTFORD
21-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi Delilah, thanks for the reply, firstly I am quite pc literate and not bad on a tomtom, I inadvertently updated the Tomtom home and navcore on my xl, it has the original Europe map on it and the hacked 880 uk map, as expected the 880 map came up invalid like it has not been patched, I tried patching the Tomtom home and it wasn't working, it would just crash leaving the Tomtom froze on start up, did no more than remove all the home software and installed an older known working version, did rename the version ini file to stop it trying to auto update, removed all the files of the tomtom and copied a backed up working version, re patched the home software and it said both the map and TT file were all patched ok using the patching tool. But every time I checked could not get the 880 map to work. I am convinced that the new home software although removed has somehow left somthing that is stopping the original set up working, also with the version ini modified it seems to be causing an issue where you operate the Tom Tom via the home software to make it download the file that has to be patched, it crashs out when you use this feature. I have deleted all reference to Tom Tom in the program files and where the personal preferences are stored. Got the original map working now but that is out of date, and with no tweaking on the official home software it is working correctly. I did note where the patching folder for the home software is there seems to be more files than there used to be, not just the renamed OLD system file and patched one, just re checked message on device and it says you can not use this map on this device, like it is un patched ?
any help appreciated

App.9.400.851694.2 OS 802398
(1020, 1/2/2012)
Tomtom XL

Dave

delilah
21-02-2012, 11:16 PM
hi Dave
You look to me to have a good grounding in this, first of all i have a 550 and 940 units both running App.9.400.851694 and after your post earlier i tried to operate my units with tomtom home which i dont usually do so downloaded the .dll through home and patched it, im using home version 2.8.0.2146 and then altered version number to 2.8.3.2499 and all that does is stops the nagging to upgrade home and allowed me the option to upgrade the appliction or not without being forced to, this worked a treat and operates both units, i did also upgrade home to the latest version and then removed it just to test if that caused trouble but as i stated earlier still worked fine when replaced, Now if it crashes at startup thats your application usually, try booting without the map installed, And as you said above (cant use this map) thats a patching issue ttsystem file but you know that already, If application is ok it will state no maps found.

Regards Delilah

DARTFORD
22-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Ok thanks for that, think I need to have another go at it,

Dave

DARTFORD
22-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi, me back again, OK I have it sorted, thanks for getting me to persevere Delilah, in doing the original full update, it corrupted the 880 map somehow !!! Anyway got it all working with the original map and updated the 880 map from scratch from an archived backup I had and it is working now, for anyone needing to know have this detail now on the device

App.9.151.605385.2 OS 541764
(4003, 22/11/2010)
Tomtom XL

traveller
22-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes you are correct, I just posted this for members here who dont have the option unlike yourself

Regards Delilah

No problems.

DARTFORD
19-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi all, just for info the latest version to rename the .ini file to is 2.9.1.2780

Regards Delilah

orgal
27-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Regards Delilah

If you get do not have permission message using windows 7 when you try to do this (Navigate to: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini).
then try this
when using notepad in windows 7 I had to click start, programs, accessories,then right click on notepad and run as administartor to get this to save...:)

delilah
27-09-2012, 10:41 AM
If you get do not have permission message using windows 7 when you try to do this (Navigate to: C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul\application.ini).
then try this
when using notepad in windows 7 I had to click start, programs, accessories,then right click on notepad and run as administartor to get this to save...:)

Excellent info many thanks latest version being offered is 2.9.2.2837

Regards delilah