PDA

View Full Version : Spider 9000 RGB

mrman
17-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Are their any spider firmwares that allow the output of RGB, as i bought a Panasonic Bluray recorder BWT700 and would like to back up some recordings. I can't get my spider 9000 to output RGB through a scart so was wondering did any older firmwares support this cheers.

echelon
17-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Are their any spider firmwares that allow the output of RGB, as i bought a Panasonic Bluray recorder BWT700 and would like to back up some recordings. I can't get my spider 9000 to output RGB through a scart so was wondering did any older firmwares support this cheers.

RGB should be standard using any firmwares on a spiderbox, providing it has been setup in the menu

mrman
17-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Choice HDMI YPbPr or Scart which dosen't output RGB

echelon
17-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Choice HDMI YPbPr or Scart which dosen't output RGB

it should do if you are using the correct scart socket and a 21 pin fully wired scart lead

its clearly stated on page 3 and also page 33 of the manual too

mrman
17-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Yea now what the Procedure is not working though.

echelon
17-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Yea now what the Procedure is not working though.

depends what you mean by "procedure"

you connect the scart socket on the spiderbox to the scart socket on the recorder, using a 21 pin scart lead (fully wired)

select the correct input on the recorder and you should see the spiderbox channel

I dont see anything else that needs doing, it really is that simple , except you may have to configure the recorder to RGB and not composite

my point is your question stated the rgb isnt enabled , whereas I would say its always enabled on a spiderbox no matter what the firmware is

mrman
17-02-2012, 05:37 PM
As a simple test connect from spider using scart to Tv enabled scart RGB press info on tv remote no RGB.
No it's not enabled doing the above will prove that.

echelon
17-02-2012, 05:45 PM
As a simple test connect from spider using scart to Tv enabled scart RGB press info on tv remote no RGB.
No it's not enabled doing the above will prove that.

whatever your problem is , I dont believe that it is spiderbox related

I believe you are quoting panasonic instructions and not spiderbox instructions
I cannot find that phrase in the spiderbox manual !

it is my opinion that the spiderbox outputs RGB from the scart socket ( and composite as well if required )

so I cannot see any correlation to the spiderbox , try it from a different source like sly or dvd player until you figure it out

mrman
17-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Simply connecting spider to Tv just with a scart is not following panasonic instructions just my simple way in showing RGB in not enabled through scart.

echelon
17-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Simply connecting spider to Tv just with a scart is not following panasonic instructions just my simple way in showing RGB in not enabled through scart.

so try it with a sly box or a dvd player or some other RGB enabled device until you sort it out, then swap for the spiderbox

you are asking panasonic questions in the spiderbox section , and it is my belief that this is not the spiderbox at fault

try panasonic helpline if you need panasonic help , or post in the dvd bluray section https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?232-Blu-Ray-Discussion

just because you are using a spiderbox doesnt mean its a spiderbox related issue

mister-t
17-02-2012, 06:29 PM
my spider connects to a samsung hd dvd recorder via scart no problems what so ever
my settings in spider are as follows
video output hdmi+ypbpr

mister-t

mrman
17-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Never had a problem connecting Spider to recorder via scart just no RGB when doing so. As for asking panasonic questions in the spider forum its been the reciever i've talked about all along and simply connecting Spider to tv via scart will show no RGB.

echelon
17-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Never had a problem connecting Spider to recorder via scart just no RGB when doing so. As for asking panasonic questions in the spider forum its been the reciever i've talked about all along and simply connecting Spider to tv via scart will show no RGB.

clearly you have made up your mind that the spiderbox has no RGB output despite the posts already made , and nothing will change your viewpoint

so it seems to me its better for me to stay out of this as you are being pedantic about it being a spiderbox issue, despite being told to the contrary

mrman
17-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok thanks for your help everyone, will try another reciever this weekend.

johnhenry
18-02-2012, 01:06 AM
mrman have copied the info below from the Panisonic manual this is on page 98 are you using AVI Oor AV2

∫ AV1 Output
Set according to the terminal of the connected TV.
≥If this unit is connected with an HDMI cable, you
cannot select “RGB 1” or “RGB 2”.
∫ AV2 Settings
�� AV2 Input
Set according to the output from the external
equipment.
�� Ext Link
Set “Ext Link 1” when a Set Top Box which
transmits a control signal via the 21-pin Scart
cable is connected.
≥This setting cannot be made when “TV System”
is set to “NTSC” (�� 98).

johnhenry
18-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I think you will have to plug Spider VIA SCART LEAD into AV2 and go into control panel on Spider and set it to RGB as mister-t said #11 . Also just check that you might have to turn AV2 on this you have to do on Sly boxes you might have to on this equipment also, not sure but best to check.