PDA

View Full Version : New to Icecrypt please please help with boot loader usb

blakmumba
22-02-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi all, i've just migrated from GGG HD to Icecrypt s4000 with internal hard drive and i've read many posts on this forum but im still struggling. I've read ManikM's post on how to flash the loader using a USB stick but im getting no where and have been trying for the past few hours. My current loader is v 1.23 (i think thats stock?) and stock firmware v 1.10.05. Im trying to load the plugin what ManikM mentioned on https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?153769-Easy-enigma2-plugin!!!-At-last-ech . Once i unzipped the file to the usb (fat32) plugged it into the front usb port of the icecrypt nothing happens. I've powered of from the mains and still the same - nothing!. I/ve tried it with folders, files only ALL on root and nothing!

Please could someone take the time to advise me what i am doing wrong. My computer does not have a serial port so thats the reason im using the usb method.

My other worrying question is that will this overwrite the stock boot loader?:o11:

ManikM
22-02-2012, 07:41 AM
the plugin linked is a custom boot loader, which enables you to run E2.

YES it will overwrite the normal loader with a custom 1.21 loader.

if you arent interested in E2, then just download the latest official bootloader 1.5x somewhere.

PLUGINS should work if there is a PLUGIN folder on the USB stick before you insert it into the Icecrypt.

blakmumba
22-02-2012, 08:13 AM
ManikM thanks for replying. If I overwrite the original firmware would I be able to reload the original
Boot loader back incase I need to send it back in for warranty? Also would there be any difference in installing the v1.5x boot loader (does it have any new features).

Thank you for all yr help :)