PDA

View Full Version : enigma 2 and the memory stick

Gaza
25-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Well i have given up waiting for any good original firmware and decided to go the way quite a few of you have gone for enigma 2 for the 4000 having a problem with memory sticks can any one recommend a brand as what will do. for normal up grades dont have much of a problem but try to load an E2 image bit of a nightmare and what should the receiver be set up on to down load from the memory stick on the front panel usb1 etc

Thanks in Advance

paulipm
25-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I have just gone through this myself .Make sure your var folder is empty ie delete all user date,I am using a 8GB memory card in a usb adaptor have also tried an HP 4GB memory stick both work fine make sure you use maxiboot installer to set up the memory stick and installation of the image on the memorystick.

ManikM
25-02-2012, 09:19 PM
sometimes when a stick fails, sometimes a USB hub works, with the stick into one of the USB hub ports.

try it.

paulipm
26-02-2012, 12:51 PM
I have just gone through this myself .Make sure your var folder is empty ie delete all user date,I am using a 8GB memory card in a usb adaptor have also tried an HP 4GB memory stick both work fine make sure you use maxiboot installer to set up the memory stick and installation of the image on the memorystick.With the help of ManikM I must add.

blakmumba
13-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Im using 8gb kingston if that helps.