PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox causing iterference

benzine
26-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I have recently discovered a problem caused by my Spiderbox. I was recording a film through my Spiderbox so went back to watching terrestrial
digital channels on tv. While flicking through I found that the BBC signal on 794.00 MHz channel 61 was all but wiped out. I have isolated it to
interference from the Spiderbox by checking the signal strengh when it is on & off. Switching the box on immediately knocks out the signal but
only on channel 61. Most of the time this is not a problem but only if I record a programme and go back to DTV. Any solutions - advice
welcome.

Thanks

Benzine

Hamrag1
26-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Change the local Modulator output to a another channel that does not conflict with your TV channels

echelon
26-02-2012, 02:25 PM
as stated , use a different frequency on the spiderbox , like say rf30 or rf40 and not rf61

you can change this very easily in tne spiderbox menu

Aldo
26-02-2012, 03:16 PM
as stated , use a different frequency on the spiderbox , like say rf30 or rf40 and not rf61

you can change this very easily in tne spiderbox menu

The default RF Channel on the Spiderbox is: RF Channel 40, Menu - Control Panel - RF Channel, unless of course the user has changed it.

echelon
26-02-2012, 04:03 PM
The default RF Channel on the Spiderbox is: RF Channel 40, Menu - Control Panel - RF Channel, unless of course the user has changed it.

he can google for the local transmitter transponder frequencies for the main channels , should be 5 or 6 , and see which rf channels they actually are

if these ranged from say rf channel 48 to 68 like mine do , then he could start at rf21 and work upwards from there , untiol he finds a sweet channel that doesnt interfere with any of the higher transponders , but its trial and error

I find that for winter hill rf30 to rf40 give good results

benzine
27-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all responses. Have tried every rf channel but problem still exists. Have not run an rf coax through box just hd cable to tv. Will put an rf loop
through box to see if that cures it. Fortunately I rarely watch BBC so I can live with it if no cure.

Benzine

echelon
27-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for all responses. Have tried every rf channel but problem still exists. Have not run an rf coax through box just hd cable to tv. Will put an rf loop
through box to see if that cures it. Fortunately I rarely watch BBC so I can live with it if no cure.

Benzine

in that case what you may find is that its not the spiderbox at all

I have seen this problem on other forums and its normally interference from the rf coaxial cable carrying the incoming DTV freeview signals bleeding through to the hdmi, or vice versa

in practice this generally means its the hdmi cable at fault and somehow there is an interference coming through from the aerial cable into the tv and is getting through the tv and being interfered with by the hdmi cable in some manner

changing the hdmi cable usually cures the problem ( its like an rf interference loop between the incoming DTV signals and the hdmi )

try scarting the spiderbox to the tv (remove the hdmi) and check again , if its clear then its what I said above , then change to hdmi cable for a different type like belkin or similar

most of us thought you had connected the loopthrough on the back of the spiderbox to allow the rf channel , clearly you havent so that rf section and internal modulator is irrelevant

Hamrag1
27-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I think two further pieces of info are required - If you can confirm that .

1. The only signal connections to the Spiderbox are the LNB connection, and the hdmi connection, and
2. Channel 61 is the ONLY channel affected no matter what channel the Spiderbox internal modulator is set to

Then, as echelon says - The fault is not in the Spiderbox

Pimpernel
27-02-2012, 04:45 PM
I live in a low signal Freeview area and I had a cheap HDMI cable causing signal dropout (too close to coax cable) on some Freeview frequencies. This problem has been confirmed by many related forums. I replaced the HDMI cable with a fully insulated one and the problem went away.

Last week I bought a Spiderbox and I'm using it with the HDMI cable that came with it and I have not had any similar problems.

benzine
28-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Sorted! Thanks to all who responded. Re-arranging cables behind TV did the trick but will upgrade HDMI cable to make sure.
Must have been like that since I set up new TV in June last year but only just come to light. You live & learn!
Benzine