PDA

View Full Version : Channel sorting

Pimpernel
03-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I've now had and have been testing my new Spiderbox 9000HD for almost 2 weeks. I managed to set it up and programmed it for 29 sat positions via my V-Box without any major problems. Except for a few lock-ups and reboots, I am generally happy with this receiver. However I have an issue with its channel management facilities.

I've been a satellite tv hobbyist for 18 years now. During this time I've been through a few satellite receivers and accessories. As the number of satellites and channels multiplied, I gradually realised the importance of good and user-friendly receiver software. In this respect I have been critical of all receivers that I've owned and my Spiderbox does not escape this criticism. I am very keen on storing my satellite positions in orbital position order (left to right) and my channels in ascending frequency numerical order. Unfortunately, my Spiderbox has been confusing me in this regard.

Has anyone experienced the following?

Regardless of whether I channel search by Satellite, Transponder or blind search, I get duplicated channels.

'Blind Search' searches vertical frequencies first and then horizontal frequencies and stores them accordingly.

I am aware that I can view channel lists sorted by frequency, provider etc., but I cannot figure out the order in which channels are actually stored after a search. To me they appear all over the place and often providers are mixed up too. I also had difficulties moving and deleting duplicated channels.

Could all this be caused by the latest patch? If I were to factory reset and try channel tuning again would I cause any problems to my ethernet registration when I reload the latest patch?

Thanks for putting up with my whinging.

corporates
04-03-2012, 02:24 PM
You could always download the channel editor here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?130619-SpiderBox-Channel-Editor
and do whatever you please with your current list by putting it on usb, then put on pc and use the editor then transfer back to spiderbox.

Regards
Corporates

slapper4
04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
i found the similar chaos in the USB recording lists, you not only have a list in no particular order, but if you rename it changes the order even though it appeared chronoloogical

with no preview windows and excessive delays (30 seconds to wait for list, or any operation once the list is large) its poorly programmed id concluded.

surprised me after owning a 3 year older and less popular TM6900, that was perfect in all those ways.

big issue ive had with channel sorting, is parental control - basically on the 9000hd theres none on recordings, and hopeless features on channels

ive posted for the korean team months ago a list of software revisions needed urgently, but they seem more interested in keeping servers running and costs low so were stuck ive concluded.

if TM and SPider were opensource, they could have incorporated each others R&D and just do what the manufacturers really want - sell hardware and get it to market quicker?

Pimpernel
04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
I've already looked at the channel editor and unless I'm missing something it isn't much help.