PDA

View Full Version : BBS tools - tt on F&H 3.5 - newbie help please

polwindave
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi all, first post so scuse my ignorance but I'm struggling and could use some help please!
Have followed the guide to load tt onto a f &H 3.5. Unfortunately BBS tools doesn't see the F&H - its not shown in the bbs browse panel at all but I can see it in winder$ explorer.
So, I shifted the sd card with the files into a card reader and got through all the steps OK except for the very last one:
When I click patch maps, I can select the me ta file OK but after clicking acti vate map/speedcam all I get is a pop-up that says "application does not exist..."
Can anyone help?

cajsoft
06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi all, first post so scuse my ignorance but I'm struggling and could use some help please!
Have followed the guide to load tt onto a f &H 3.5. Unfortunately BBS tools doesn't see the F&H - its not shown in the bbs browse panel at all but I can see it in winder$ explorer.
So, I shifted the sd card with the files into a card reader and got through all the steps OK except for the very last one:
When I click patch maps, I can select the me ta file OK but after clicking acti vate map/speedcam all I get is a pop-up that says "application does not exist..."
Can anyone help?

hi, I dont even get to part 10 of the guide.. when I open up tomtom on the device, it says MAP NOT FOUND ??
no idea what to do.

Could you pm me with details of how you got past step 10 please?

thanks
Craig.

polwindave
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Craig,
Well, the only thing I can suggest is that you check that the files are all on the sd card and that you selected the correct path after you've clicked on the settings/ map path on the F&H but unless someone else can help, even if you get past that it may fail at the last step. Dave (OP)

cajsoft
06-03-2012, 05:08 PM
could you send me the link to the files you downloaded, ie tt, the map, and bbs tools. Also, did you extract the map file to the root of the sd card or did you put it in a folder?

thanks
Craig.

polwindave
06-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Well the good news is that I went back to the beginning and this time it worked - third time lucky I guess! :) I think it was something to do with the me ta file or the ?bif file.

Craig, most of the files are all linked from the distructions you've been following which were kindly produced for us by Stipdav using files by Russel1. Kudos and thanks to each.
The only one that I couldnt get was b b s tools but a google search turned up the latest version on the first page from the author. It was a pain to download because I have a shared ip address and it kept saying I had to wait but it worked in the end
Dave

mda1974
15-05-2012, 08:11 AM
hi, I dont even get to part 10 of the guide.. when I open up tomtom on the device, it says MAP NOT FOUND ??
no idea what to do.

Could you pm me with details of how you got past step 10 please?

thanks
Craig.

I'm getting this same problem
Did you work out what you had done wrong?

I have two folders on my card, One called "mobilenavigator" and one called "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland_880_3868"

When I turn on the Tomtom software loads ok but I get a message saying no maps found.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Marcus

polwindave
26-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm getting this same problem
Did you work out what you had done wrong?

I have two folders on my card, One called "mobilenavigator" and one called "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland_880_3868"

When I turn on the Tomtom software loads ok but I get a message saying no maps found.

Can anyone help

Thanks

Marcus
Did you call the sdcard SDMMC ? (not sure that will necessarilly make a difference but as with all these things its important to stay close to the instructions as it can cause other problems if you dont)
Check that the "mobilenavigator" and "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_I reland_880_3868" folders are straight onto the root of the sd card and not in a subfolder. Also check that the map folder is not within another subfolder (ie that there is only one folder called "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_I reland_880_3868" and not a subfolder within it .)
Were you able to correctly direct the device to the folder in step 9?
If it still fails, I'd check the sd card for errors reformat it and start again. (It took me three attempts :) Let us know how you get on
PD (op)