PDA

View Full Version : Navigo to F&H

pompyalbie
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi, confused newbie after advice.I've had a Navigo v1 for years and have been running T7.91 with 8.30 maps, I've just bought the & GPS35LS, can I just take the SD card out and copy the folders onto a micro card and then use the BBS Tools to create a new me ta txt file? I've followed the instructions on the sticky but when I open the me ta file to copy the contents it contains what looks like a programming language, yet when I go to do the edit the contents of the receiving file the other one is in English. I have just downloaded a new set of maps 8.45 and when open the me ta file I get the same. Here's a cut'n paste of just a bit of it.

–—BrLSl::P—#! —N-‚›c–lcU%ѱݽx…™ 797߱`"~u gKbۨɢ“ŠtEdW<)™cD˜›ʦc wI_j v™hBB?‚G)(
+±mO7.CT91Aޱ
‹",iƿ˜=oer/+BԽ@28*™(a`D$B -€^ŸU–*;„#O’}-46š™sAܱSJ0-Xk‘L‡IŒE”ҝž,xMfkN0)q %}Jyœy8
Š+7vŠ!C64 >I
Iq$/%DR[Ž*/f‡’–Žp@”M-
k)x
Ÿ3-{n_i<f–œ‡U6ZP>tW’"<AOlrFŸ~tԯR۸‘"jYu{€kFEš+=O† 4šXš”puEˆ1W6sQ†ƒB:Wy ƒMnCW/Œn›^*LGO&
F~pœd1L1Jpn0

Any help would be appreciated, if someone could zip up some maps that work and send it to me that would be great Thanks

rickt
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
are you opening the me_a file in note pad ? I dont think you open the actual me_ta file up , it is added to a text file .I've just upgraded my Navigo v1 to a newer map using easytools .I just added the me_ta to the text file and ran the program . It creates a new file to which is added to the map folder . All working fine .

pompyalbie
08-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Got it sorted, found the me TA.txt code for my maps on the web, copied it into a text file and followed the instructions on the sticky. Thanks for the help guys. Can you put other systems like IGO etc on it?

echelon
09-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Got it sorted, found the me TA.txt code for my maps on the web, copied it into a text file and followed the instructions on the sticky. Thanks for the help guys. Can you put other systems like IGO etc on it?

you can on the other models like the ones I have, and I mentioned quite a few of them in my posts about the navigo and the f&h too

pompyalbie
09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Just another quick query, the unit doesn't load when I have the micro sd card in, yet if I tried and load it without the card in it is fine. Is there a step I need to do to prevent this?

echelon
09-03-2012, 08:11 PM
on some models you hack the menu for the wince which is detailed in some tutorials , but on others its more difficult and can depend on which wince is being run by the unit

you tend to find the older models are easier to hack as they have wince5

rickt
12-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I hacked my v1 as soon as I got it , this was so I could run the 4 different satnav programs I had on the SD card from shortcuts on the desktop . I only have Igo, TT and Mio on the card now but it losses the short cuts .............I think this is because the battery drains flat after only a few days after a charge and it must lose the memory .The 'HACK' was simply altering 5 lines in the registry to make it boot into WINCE , I dont think it is worth it now .