PDA

View Full Version : The next generation of AZBox firmware: OpenRSi - based on OpenPLi

Fieltshop
12-03-2012, 07:12 PM
This is a big step for all Azbox receivers, there is a new image, this one is called OpenRSI and is based on the OpenPLI image.
The releases are nightly build and therefore daily updated, the releases are for all HD azboxes and can be found here

OpenRSI (http://openrsi.rsi-images.org/)

for the Me there is available, a kernel only update or the normal image. Best way is to update the Me with the webinterface and first install the kernel in boot-0 (do not select auto-reboot) and then you can directly install the image on your prevered boot.

Here is a movie url from the new OS

<font color="#282828" face="helvetica, arial, sans-serif">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4jpF6DlwU&amp;feature=playe r_embedded

Dig Deep
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, this can be fun. OpenPli is wellknowned in the DB area

Fieltshop
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
That's for sure, i update the kernel on boot0 first today and after this i installed the image on boot2.
To be honest, its a really fast and stable release. Just like you would expect from a OpenPLI box.

leerock
12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
How about media center?
Anyone tried it?
Anywhere as good as Spazes?

Fieltshop
12-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Mediacenter works great with this release, no problems.
Also all needed plugins are in the feed, its a nice one.

freshmaker
12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
how to flash my box i try with jazup but say patch.e2 corrup so help me to put on mu premium ?

freshmaker
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
help pls

Smudger
12-03-2012, 10:48 PM
@freshmaker
you must use AZUP as these .e2 files have seperate kernel.

what image you got on Premium now?

freshmaker
12-03-2012, 11:29 PM
i fix but i hate bc i can't fix display on tv :@ when i put on hd right and when i go to non HD channell i have to change setings on AV/Setings

Carp95
13-03-2012, 11:13 AM
@freshmaker

Could you give me the names off the channels
And how did you set A/V?

filmfan46
17-03-2012, 04:39 PM
how to flash my box i try with jazup but say patch.e2 corrup so help me to put on mu premium ?

I have the same problem.Using Jazup 2.4 I followed the procedure from another site changed to e2 using the ripper kernel then tried to update the e2 bin and got the same error e2 corrupt. I tried all the files from the pli site for the patch e2 files but it was the same error.
It let me put in another kernal but still said the e2 was corrupted.

My receiver is a premium hd box without hd fitted.

If you could write down freshmaker how you got over the problem it would be very helpfull.
Thanks

Hectore
17-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi,

This is a protection of JaZUp, Ronnie (OpenRSI) and his pals have changed the standard structure of e2 file or they corrupted their own file to stop JaZUp.

E2 format created by telesat "the genius" has no verification system in case of file corruption.
When I programmed JaZUp, I chose not to flash if the file is suspected to keep your azbox still alive and avoid a return to after sales service.
Azup is a sieve but I will say no more about the secrets of JaZUp and large default of Azup. I do not give my arms to my enemies.

If you want JaZUp works with OpenRSI, Ronnie must meet the standard invented by telesat. You can go cry on azboxforum.nl.
But i think that Ronnie don't move about coz he is the importer azbox for western europe, and it puts the dough on the table to sell his bugged boxes.
He funds some forum who have financial problems for the better controller. I think he blocked JaZUp because I simply removed the url sponsorship in JaZUp 2.4. :)
In the end, he does not care for end users as the dough goes into its coffers.

You will see with time what was the best program JaZUp or azup. As I am a computer graduate, I have the answer. :)

Good evening.
Regards.

chewie
17-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello Gents
Regarding this new SW, is there any instructions for the installation on Azbox p+, I noticed in their website, the only installation tutorials are for the AZbox ME AND MINI.
Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Chewie

Carp95
18-03-2012, 08:13 PM
thats a load off crapp Hectore just admit JazUp can't handle images without kernel inside.
should be easy for you guys

BTW ronnie isn; t the importer for west europe where did you get that

martin.nl
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I do not give my arms to my enemies.

Dude, what are you talking about? This **** is supposed to be fun for all of us, it is not war device.
I know that telesat is kicked on one side, but it seems you are as well, but on another side... ;)

Albania123
22-12-2012, 05:17 PM
I have a problem i uploaded the RSI with jazup directly. without updating the kernel by usb or something else. Just open Juzup opened the E2 image and clicked upload.. it finished restarted the azbox and now it is stuck in the booting operation :(((

zeini
22-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Jazup is not the right tool to flash newer E2-images. You must allways use the newest Azup. This is now in version 2.2.7 available.

To repair your defect azbox read this thread (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?141544-Tutorial-How-to-recover-dead-AZBox).

lakeluce
06-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Thnx alot