PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG problem

Burnham
14-03-2012, 04:59 PM
I have VU+Uno with ViX image.

I installed CrossEPG but I have got the crossepg folder in internal flash instead of the HDD. It has gone into /etc/enigma2/ but it should be in /media/hdd/. I also have a VU+Duo with ViX & CrossEPG and that is working fine with the crossepg folder in /media/hdd/

The problem is that a very large file (100MB+ and rising) called crossepg.descriptors.db is updated within the crossepg folder and this eventually crashed the VU+Uno as it ran out of space in the flash. The main data file called epg.dat is correctly located in /media/hdd/.

What parameter do I need to change to put this crossepg folder into /media/hdd/

I almost certainly caused the problem myself because previously I had the EPG location set incorrecty as internal flash - I have now changed the epg location to /media/hdd/

Whilst on the subject, what is the purpose of this huge crossepg.descriptors.db file .

digicon
14-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Main Menu -> Setup-> Crossepg -> Configure change location to HDD, you can delete the other folder in etc/enigma2 with FTP while the box is in standby or switched on.

Burnham
15-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Changed path to HDD before, but wasn't sure if it was as simple as deleting the crossepg folder in /etc/enigma2/ as I thought there might still be a path directing downloads to /etc/enigma2/crossepg/ in a parameter file.

Still mystified as to what the crossepg.descriptors.db does, and why it is so big.