PDA

View Full Version : Please help, s4000 bricked!

blakmumba
20-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi all, i've finally managed to brick my s4000. Was having memory latent problems so installed the flash memory plugin and then got stuck on boot. Cannot use porter as have maxiboot and AAF Recovery just continues to 'uploading image' when using the recovery image with dots moving across the box but nothing else (have changed to Atevio) . Have tried loading recovery image from usb and get ...

fatload usb0:1 a5000000 unrecoverAT_7000.app
reading unrecoverAT_7000.app
ERROR: CTL:TIMEOUT

**Unable to read "unrecoverAT_7000.app" from usb 0:1 ** HDBOX>

have used the AAF before and went like clockwork before. Have the null modem cable and network cable. Currently trying on Win7 but also have tried on XP.

Please help guys/girls. ANY advice would be much appreciated.

blakmumba
20-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Update, just got a new error - 'Restart Upload - Port number too low: 68.

Does anyone know what this means? Nothing comes up on the net

dizz
20-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Try putting latest bootloader on usb stick and booting up while pressing up on receiver, then do same with firmware.

blakmumba
20-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Try putting latest bootloader on usb stick and booting up while pressing up on receiver, then do same with firmware.

Thanks, tried it but no joy, just stays stuck at booting

JTH_58
20-03-2012, 10:04 PM
use this link for the version that worked for me.. hope all goes well..:):).....
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?146024-AAF-Recovery-v44-Octagon-variant

blakmumba
20-03-2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks EVERYONE, got it back up and running after a day and a half :banghead: Honestly tried aaf recovery tool upto version 4.1 and nothing and even posted on german sites with google translate :eek:, finally with trial and error IT LIVES lol :respect-039:

***Porter Express will NOT work if you have maxiboot etc installed***. The only thing you will see in the status is - 'waiting for request, reset settop box' and 'open port failed'.

For anyone else having same problems or for future reference,

Following done on Win7 x64 and always run AAF Recovery Tool with 'run as administrator'.

>Install AAF Recovery Tool (i used AAF_Recovery_Tool_V4.6_av7000)
>Follow instruction given on main page of aaf recovery tool
>Change the Reseller-id to Atevio AV7000HD
>Shut down aaf recovery tool and switch the box off from the rear
>Open aaf and click connect
>Switch s4000 back on
>***Format usb stick to FAT and NOT fat32***
>Copy urecoverAT_7000.app to usb
>***Check (place a tick) Tftp package size 512*** on main page
>Check (place a tick) load from usb
>Insert usb into front port and click start.

Touchwood should start working again.