PDA

View Full Version : Crossepg update issue

casper2
23-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Now have my Ultimo fully motorised and functioning beautifully.
However there is one annoying feature which i hope you can help me with.
My CrossEPG update is set to occur at 4.00am and switch off the reciever again to standby automatically when completed.
When i press the power button for the first time next morning the reciever immediately goes back into standby.
The reciever starts up again after the second press of the power button but then takes 3 or 4 minutes going through an epg update process where it updates settings and summaries etc.
This is annoying and i would like to get this update process to complete at 4.00am so that the reciever is ready for immediate use when first turned on the next day.
Has anyone seen and overcome this behaviour? Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

tr8.
23-03-2012, 04:00 PM
what image are you using?
I am not getting any probs with BH 1.7.2

casper2
23-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Currently using BH 1.7.1
I suspect that i have some sort of conflict in my settings.
It's a little confusing as there are two seperate setup menu's for epg, one under MENU\CROSSEPG and one under Blue then Red.
Which of these should be used? At the moment i'm not sure what the differences are and how they complement one another.
Any clarification in this area would be very welcome.

Thanks for responding.

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn
Blackhole v1.7.1

casper2
24-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Have turned off all epg settings. did a reboot an then setup crossepg again.
This morning i still had to turn the reciever on twice before it stayed on. This time i didn't have to wait for an update process to complete, which is good progress.
However the reciever had to have the channel selected before it displayed ie when turned on it did not display the last channel but just sat with a blank screen.
The EPG seems to be good so one problem solved.

Does anyone know where to find information on all the crossEPG data providers ie which satellites and channels they cover? It seems a bit silly to have to do it by trial and error. I am refering to Rytek, opentv, xmltv, xepgdb, mhw2 providers. I hope someone can point to a good data source.