PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

Dr. House
24-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi guys!

I switch off my Spider this afternoon and later swith on and all channels just disapeared.
I made a reset, install everything, all channels came up but I don't have sound, just a zzzzzzzzzzzzz sound coming from my tv.
However, the connection going into my sound system is fine. I checked the connection between tv and receiver and it is fine...
What can be the problem? Sound to my sound system is fine, sound to my TV non existant...

Thanks mates!

echelon
24-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi guys!

I switch off my Spider this afternoon and later swith on and all channels just disapeared.
I made a reset, install everything, all channels came up but I don't have sound, just a zzzzzzzzzzzzz sound coming from my tv.
However, the connection going into my sound system is fine. I checked the connection between tv and receiver and it is fine...
What can be the problem? Sound to my sound system is fine, sound to my TV non existant...

Thanks mates!

what is the connection method to the tv ?

Dr. House
24-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I have since the beginning a Scart connection. Already changed scart cable but same sound, so problem not there. But the connection of Spider to sound system is fine, perfect sound. Don't know if there is some option in the menu that is causing the problem.

echelon
24-03-2012, 09:30 PM
try it using yellow composite and red/white audio to the tv and see if the sound and vision is ok or not

for a 9000 the scart connection should work fine

had you said rf , I would have said try pal-I for the uk as the audio varies from country to country

in any case ensure the rf is set correctly , and if possible test the audio on rf too

also test using scart onto a different tv , and check a dvd player on the socket used by the spiderbox on your current tv

Dr. House
24-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Working!! Thanks Echelon! RF option was the problem. Just try other option there and sound came up on TV!

Thanks mate!! :respect-055:

welshpaddy
25-03-2012, 05:21 PM
i get a similar sort of problem when i switch on some times the audio is distorted so i switch from video output HDMI + YPbPr to scart and back again and this cures it dont know why but this has happened several times

steviejb
27-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I sometimes lose all sound too, a reboot normally cures it, don't know why as using HDMI cable.