PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo

bluenose2000
27-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Been setting up Vu+ duo, put in new cable, Dish and Lnb.
Checked settings with a LCD satellite finder.
When I scanned THOR the receiver picked up channels. Moved dish to 30w and 28.2e and did channel scans, all worked well.
When I connect dish to VU+duo receiver. And look for satellite, the dish moves and searches but does not lock on satellite. So cannot scan for channels.
All cables have been renewed and new f-plugs fitted, and all checked.
Anyone have idea about what am doing wrong

ian
27-03-2012, 09:01 PM
wrong usals would be my guess

fire up your sat nav and get the exact longitude and latitude for where you live and insert them into the usals.

Ian.

bluenose2000
28-03-2012, 07:50 PM
The usals settings are correct for my position.

digicon
29-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Why not just put a ready made sat list on there from the various ones that are available, Vhannibal, Cateseye etc...

bluenose2000
29-03-2012, 07:30 PM
i have Cateseye settings, problem i have is:-
when the VU+ is connected to sat dish it will not lock on and scan, it sees the sat but just doesn't lock.
but if the sat dish is connected to the sat finder i have, it locks on picks up OK.

digicon
29-03-2012, 07:57 PM
What sort of sat finder is it

Peckish
29-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Hello everyone.

@bluenose2000

A sat meter will identify any sat even if the signal strength is low but a sat tuner won't lock on if that's the case.

In your first post you said ' When I scanned THOR the receiver picked up channels. Moved dish to 30w and 28.2e and did channel scans, all worked well.
When I connect dish to VU+duo receiver. And look for satellite, the dish moves and searches but does not lock on satellite. So cannot scan for channels '
What receiver were you first using then to do the scan before you changed over to the VU+ DUO ?

You said that you installed Cateseye's channel list so when you select a channel/sat from the list does the satellite move to that position and display pictures?

What do you mean by 'when the VU+ is connected to sat dish it will not lock on and scan, it sees the sat but just doesn't lock'
Do you mean that you cannot scan for new channels or that it won't display a picture?

You said that your usals settings were entered correctly but can you tell me what your longitude is set at and what satellite did you use to line up your receiver.

The more information that you can supply the easier it will be for someone to help you.

Regards to all,

Peckish

bluenose2000
30-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I’ll try and explain properly.
I have a sat finder, which has a lcd screen on it, basically it’s a small receiver.
I set the dish to THOR and scanned, channels were picked up. Same on 30w and 28.2e.
But when I connect to VU+duo and try to find same sats.
It does not find them it just searches. I’m using Blackhole latest and catseyes latest. And I’ve set my long/Lat to what they should be.

digicon
30-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Then your Satfinder with LCD screen has not setup the Satellite positions correctly and that is why the Duo is not correctly tracking the ARC

I’ll try and explain properly.
I have a sat finder, which has a lcd screen on it, basically it’s a small receiver.
I set the dish to THOR and scanned, channels were picked up. Same on 30w and 28.2e.
But when I connect to VU+duo and try to find same sats.
It does not find them it just searches. I’m using Blackhole latest and catseyes latest. And I’ve set my long/Lat to what they should be.

painter
01-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Have you followed this guide.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?133588-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Duo

regards painter