PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

Datatag
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi!

My name is Derek and I live in the UK in Workington, West ***bria. I've messed around with analogue and digital satellite for years and have feeds from an IRS for Sky/Freesat for the house which, along with a feed from 19.2°E, is also fed to a cobbled together 4-tuner DVB-S/S2 media PC running DVB Viewer Server for streaming and archival.

Some time ago I upgraded my second dish from being fixed on 13/19.2°E to a H2H mount, fitted a quad LNB and bought an Icecrypt S2000CFVD receiver to go with it, just to see what else was up there other than Sky etc. I also hooked up my old Pace MSS-300 receiver for the (rapidly disappearing) analogue stuff in PAL and SECAM.

For the price the S2000 was a great buy and it's seen a fair bit of use, but more stuff is moving to DVB-S2/H.264. Money's a bit tight so when I saw the Icecrypt S3000HDCCI+ at a good price I saved up and have just bought one thinking it would be like the 2000 only better.... but first impressions of the S3000 weren't exactly favourable! It's not as easy to use or set up as the old S2000 but I guess that could just be a case of getting used to it and I'm keen to see what else this receiver can do.

I've done loads with firmware for other bits of kit but I've never needed to bother with satellite receivers and I need to know what's compatible with the S3000. I'm also curious about things like CCCam, whether this will work with the S3000 and, if so, how to get it all up and running - which is why I'm here!

I'll no doubt be posting some questions that seem a bit dumb so be gentle - remember any help would be appreciated :respect-064:
Regards To All

Derek :seeya:

Bod
05-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi Derek , hello and welcome to SatPimps , :)
best place to ask for infoand advice is in here in the s3000 section
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?182-3000-series
HTH

Bod

Datatag
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Cheers Bod

I'll give that a look.

Derek