PDA

View Full Version : Green Light

cromwell
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Looking at TV last night and my Spider just went off ? all i am getting is green light ? anyone have this problem ? thanks.

johnhenry
11-04-2012, 05:04 PM
My stations were all scrambled on erthenet last night when i switched on around 23.30 later even UCAS went same way but after an hour all restored.

Pimpernel
11-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Same here on 2-month old Spider from sponsor, ethernet connected but black screen on all gift channels last night. Powered off and now all seems to be back to normal. A bit of a scare and I find it annoying I have to reboot my Spider everytime after switching off in order to activate gift.

cromwell
11-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Display screen blank m8s ? nothing only green light ?

johnhenry
11-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry cromwell misunderstood your meaning, from your description the problem sounds serious have to say not come-a-cross green screen/light before.

Mickha
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
I think the green light indicates a USB device is attached, try powering off, using the switch at the rear, removing everything, then turning the receiver back on again.
Are there any other lights working, including the yellow ethernet light at the rear?

cromwell
12-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Green only m8 ?

williamtell
12-04-2012, 09:37 AM
can you get into menu to do a factory reset? {after saving all your settings that is onto stick}, maybe an electrical storm issue?

cromwell
12-04-2012, 09:41 AM
can you get into menu to do a factory reset? {after saving all your settings that is onto stick}, maybe an electrical storm issue?

No m8, nothing ?

echelon
12-04-2012, 10:14 AM
green led lights up on mine when usb stick is inserted

maybe you can try the repair files using a null modem cable and a pc ?

cromwell
12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
green led lights up on mine when usb stick is inserted

maybe you can try the repair files using a null modem cable and a pc ?

That could fix it m8, but no joy?

1. Switch off STB
2. Run downloadin.exe on PC
3. Select COM port and Press connect button
4. Press "Choose file" and select the attached HD9000_RS232_0629.bin
5. Switch on STB
6. But no progress status on PC, nothing happens ? will it work with vista ? or has it got to be XP ? cable ok, used it on the TM ?

Mickha
12-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Does your PC have a dedicated COM port or are you using a USB - Serial adapter?
Have you removed all connections, including the coax cable, and tried booting up?
If you are getting no signs of power, other than the USB light, then I doubt the recovery tool will work.
How is your receiver connected to the mains? Are you using a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter or do you have a normal plug fitted?

echelon
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Does your PC have a dedicated COM port or are you using a USB - Serial adapter?
Have you removed all connections, including the coax cable, and tried booting up?
If you are getting no signs of power, other than the USB light, then I doubt the recovery tool will work.
How is your receiver connected to the mains? Are you using a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter or do you have a normal plug fitted?

also, have you connected the receiver to the mains using a surge protector or normal socket before this failure ?

cromwell
12-04-2012, 02:48 PM
echelon yes m8,

Mickha yes to all, and using a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter m8 ?

I am handy with boxes, I do think software is corrupted, ?

cromwell
12-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Just tried it today and red and green are flashing ???

echelon
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I gave you an either/or question , surge protector OR a standard mains socket

my point was that a surge protector could have protected the box if there was a mains spike, a mains socket does not

ideally you use a dedicated pc or laptop running XP with built in com port , not a usb adapter , not vista or win7, and use a null modem cable as used on the technomate

it may be worth trying a standard uk mains plug and not the adapter , and do not use a 2 pin shaver adapter or similar either

if it only has the mains cable connected and boots up to the usb only light then clearly there is a problem

from the above, are you are saying you get ethernet port lights on the back of the box with ethernet cable connected ?

is there anything plugged into the usb port ?

saying yes to all isnt really helpful here as it doesnt sort the wheat from the chaff

cromwell
12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
is there anything plugged into the usb port = no
ethernet port lights = no
null modem cable as used on the technomate = yes
optical light = yes
use to do my technomate with my USB - Serial adapter worked ok? but will try and get a XP pc and try that, or I could drop it off at yours echelon m8, lol.
I have two 9000, can you connect serial to serial and copy the boot ?

echelon
12-04-2012, 05:30 PM
is there anything plugged into the usb port = no
ethernet port lights = no
null modem cable as used on the technomate = yes
optical light = yes
use to do my technomate with my USB - Serial adapter worked ok? but will try and get a XP pc and try that, or I could drop it off at yours echelon m8, lol.
I have two 9000, can you connect serial to serial and copy the boot ?

lol

thanks for that

I do not believe you live anywhere near me m8

the no ethernet activity lights is a bit ominous

although it may work with a usb adaptor (and/or vista ) it is always recommended that you use a pc or laptop with xp that has a built in com port, of which there are literally millions in the uk , in this case it may make no difference whatsoever to your problem , but I always, always use a pc or laptop - with com port - running xp for router and receiver patching , with no exceptions

the point about the 2 pin plug is some people have used shaver adapters or the 2 to 3 pin adapters and had problems with them - yours may not be this

it sounds more and more like a psu internal issue , might be worth taking the lid off and unplugging and plugging back in the cables and ribbons (with the mains unplugged)

I dont think there is a box to box transfer option in the menu , unlike some of the cable boxes or technomates etc

if its still under warranty I would contact the retailer

cromwell
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I do not believe you live anywhere near me m8
You must have moved ? LOL,

had my old one must be going on two years now? this one a week ? second hand LOL,