PDA

View Full Version : S3500HDCCi - Issues and questions.

rake
14-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi Forum.

I am new to this but not to linux / IT etc as I work in the industry as a support engineer for telco so not totally fresh.

Anyway, Since buying the 3500 I have loaded mgcamd that I got from a kind user and also the FDU channell list posted here a couple of days ago.

I Have an 80cm dish with technomate motor and works well.

The problems I am having are as follows -

1) 7 Day EPG 28.2

I read here that the way to get this is to use the express epg once in the EPG menu and upload the 7 day page by page once a week. Aside from this being an arduous pain in the behind I did it tonight and by the time I do 3 pagres the 3500 locks up and does not respond to the remote. It requires a 3pin reset to bring it back and then the same happens next time I try to load the express EPG making it impossible to obtain.

Does anyone have any fix or idea why the box locks up ? Faulty hardware / software ?

Current SW = V2.09.54
Loader L6.40
FDU1.3 / FDU120412

If I switch source and then switch back to CBL/SAT there is no signal detected by the TV even though the 3500 is booted and on.

2) Is there a better image or such for this box such as E2 that will not need the EPG updating every week ? I read that E2 is good for alot of boxes but not read anything specific to the 3500 and dont want to risk bricking it without support.

What is the most stable and supported software for this box please ?

3) Thank you for any advice and assistance.

Ron.

rake
15-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Updated FW to latest - no more crashes.

Other Q's still valid :)

rake
20-04-2012, 12:10 PM
:( Update -

Box now crashes after loading some 10 EPG pages and makes it even more frustrating as have to reboot and start again.

Also some sponaneous restarts observed.

Not sure if plugin / firmware or hardware issue tbh.

As mentioned there is a release in the pipeline that should hopefully fix the epg issue but the restarts are a concern.

Cheers

Ron.

ColdAsICE
23-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Try the pre-release firmware I have posted in the other thread.
Use a USB pen drive to store the EPG info. Place the receiver into standby and it should populate all 7 days for all channels on Astra 2, also works for another similar Italian service on Hotbird.
Don't forget to do a factory reset after the upgrade and to store your system data before doing the factory reset.
let us know your results.

rake
23-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi CAI,

Thanks for this. I have now done the following -

Save Service Data
Save System Data

Factory Reset -> Load new FW -> Restore Service Data.

All went well. Got my channels back ok, check EPG - no info.

Set to standby and waiting for EPG to populate with EPG save set to USB1.

Is there anything else I need to do ?

I only left it 5 mins then took her out of standby but no EPG yet. Will leave overnight.

Cheers.

Ron.

rake
24-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Works a treat.

Thank you CAI. This is a big leap forward.

Now time will tell how stable the box is too.

ColdAsICE
24-04-2012, 01:20 PM
glad it worked for you

buck401
24-04-2012, 01:49 PM
It worked for me as well. The EPG loads so much quicker than before. I loaded 17 lots of pages before it froze (a world record I believe!) but
everything was there when I rebooted. Very pleased.

The Series record has it`s own mind-the folder it records into has it`s name followed by an ampersand and backslash. When I get rid of them
using the rename, the folder reverts to a non series record folder.

All in all, a massive improvement.

Roll on the f/w for the s4000!

rake
24-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Buck - no need to manually do the epg. Just hit standby and twenty mins later it's all there ;)

buck401
25-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Yes I Know . I was just testing the f/w stability. I`m still playing with f/w for any bugs.

ColdAsICE
25-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi Guys, glad your finding V2.10.37 an improvement.
Please let me know any bugs further bugs found.
Gotta keep the software guys busy otherwise they will get bored.

rake
25-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Oh we'll keep em moving - I used to do system proving for transmission software.
Just got to find time to play !

plodge
29-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi, Im having some issues with the new firmware (2.10.37) at first all was well then it went wrong somewhere, sometimes when I try to rewind live tv via the green button and the < button it skips backwards then back forwards and leaving the screen black, if i am quick and i change channel a couple of times I can get the picture back but if I leave it, it freezes and I have to put in standby and turn on again and wait for it to reboot. At first it was stable and now when I come out of the menu it will also crash. Any Ideas?

Im made up the epg started to work but now that disappears every time it crashes.

ColdAsICE
30-04-2012, 03:30 PM
plodge your troubles seem to stem from your HDD.
You don't mention what external Drive you are using but it seems to be going out of sync with the receiver.
If you have another Drive it and see if it has the same issues.
What format is your Drive in, what make and size is it?

plodge
01-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Not sure, its a 100gb seagate 2.5 off the top of my head but it speed tests ok,1st test is slow 73 mbits, 2nd = 196, 3rd = 218 dont know if that helps?
Im getting a memory error sometimes after a crash but disappears too fast to get details might try to take a picture next time. It also locks up if i try to start XcamConfigure?

I seem to have rectified the HDD issue (dodgy USB connection) just the Xcamconf issue remains but I suspect some sort of reset may be in order.

ColdAsICE
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I have just posted some plugin updates including Xcam in the bundle give them a go and report back.

buck401
02-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I`ve looked in the plugin section for Icecrypt but cannot find any updates for today. (or am I going blind!)

buck401
03-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Deleted the old plugins, cleaned the flash memory and loaded the new plugin bundle.

One bug fixed on my s4000: nascam is not being switched off when I stop viewing a recording. Still slightly glitchy though.

Haven`t tried mcas yet due to faulty white card.

No idea how to use the rest of the bundle.

rake
04-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Bug - subtitles always enable after power downs and actions from menus.

Had a lockup and hard reboot issue

Not all epg data populates. Programme info missing from some channels

buck401
04-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Go into `Language Settings`in the menu, and switch off subtitles. Then save system data. Should work.

jasonterry
04-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi Guys

JT here ok here is the problem with the latest firmware,,, the reason why your boxes lock up and dont work correctly is because there is a bug between the software and your storage devise i.e USB pen/Hard drive, if downloading the EPG data on to a USB stick then try and watch Encrypted channels you will find that your channels will start to break up/freeze and block etc. the software is very buggy again i have looked at it in great deepth, im looking at installing a flash dom into the 3500, with this installed i will be able to install webzeal and the epg data internaly having the usb port free for things like wifi dongles or 3g modems.

rake
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Cheers JT.

Found another tonight.

Timeshift fails. Pause live TV then try to play it and it just doesnt do it. The box then black screens and when put into standby and back again the box resets with flashing orange LED.

Keep us posted on your good work.

Ron.