PDA

View Full Version : Av out on icecrypt 3500

frankpark
17-04-2012, 10:33 PM
HI ALL
My icecrypt 3500 is working ok with HDMI cable connected to my tv .but I like to send the pictures all round the house .on my previous receivers I have had either RF connections or used a modulator to put the signal round .but on this receiver (icecrypt 3500) the only other output is 3.5mm AV jack so I bought a 3.5mm to RCA out put this outputs video and audio I plugged this into my receiver then the RCA end into my modulater but it dose not seem to work .I set channel number on modulater and same on tv in other room but no luck there seems to be something there but no picture or sound .just wondered if any of you guys had come accross this problem and could give me some information thanks Frankpark

echelon
17-04-2012, 11:38 PM
HI ALL
My icecrypt 3500 is working ok with HDMI cable connected to my tv .but I like to send the pictures all round the house .on my previous receivers I have had either RF connections or used a modulator to put the signal round .but on this receiver (icecrypt 3500) the only other output is 3.5mm AV jack so I bought a 3.5mm to RCA out put this outputs video and audio I plugged this into my receiver then the RCA end into my modulater but it dose not seem to work .I set channel number on modulater and same on tv in other room but no luck there seems to be something there but no picture or sound .just wondered if any of you guys had come accross this problem and could give me some information thanks Frankpark

does this icecrypt have yellow/red/white phono connectors on the back (composite) ?

or does it have a scart output on the back ? ( they usually do )

if so , connect one of those outputs to an rf modulator

knightrider_47
17-04-2012, 11:55 PM
i have the same problem with 3500 tried 3 different receivers and all with the same problem only get sound output from the red connection
sounds as if this a/v output is not working

jasonterry
18-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Dear ALL

First of all what televisions do you have is it 1080i or 1080p,,, If its a 1080i then you cannot use the AV socket and the HDMI socket at the same time this is the way this receiver has been designed. The programmers thought that the end users would benifit from picture in graphic more usefull than to activate the AV and HDMI sockets at the same time so this is why it dont work for 1080i tv,s on both ports.

If you have a 1080i television then to make your RF modulator work via the AV phono socket you are going to have to change the settings in the menu of the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI.

Instructions.
1. Press menu on the remote
2. Select Configuration then A/V Output Setting
3. To activate the AV phono socket you have to change the Display Resolution to 576i
4. Once you have changed the Display Resolution to 576i the AV Socket will become activated and will work via an RF modulator.

Please note: when you change the Display Resolution settings through the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI menu and you move it off the default setting i.e 1080i and you still have your HDMI cable connected to the TV the screen will go black so its a little tricky to know what output you have selected so please bear this in mind, just press the left or right arrow key next to the OK button on the icecrypt remote to keep changing the output settings do this even if the TV screen is black what you will need to do then is connect the AV phono lead in the back of the icecrypt S3500HDCCI then plug this into the yellow/red/white rca sockets on your TV and keep switching from HDMI to SCART on your tv remote untill a picture comes on via the scart mode on your tv then you can see what output you have selected. The picture will only come on via scart mode if the output is set to 576i.

If you have purchased the wrong type of AV phono lead you will get a very loud buzzing on the audio, or you may get the audio and no picture,, i would recommend you purchase a lead from Turbosat in sittingbourne Kent, the 3.5mm AV phono socket on the back of the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI dont have standard pin outputs on them so if you have purchased a standard RCA lead off the internet then the chances are it will not work correctly.

Ok heres the bad part if you do have a 1080i tv and you have done the above then the HDMI socket is now disabled and cannot be used and only the AV socket will work there is no work around that is how its been designed.

If you have a 1080p tv then you will need to do the following.

Instructions.
1. Press menu on the remote
2. Select Configuration then A/V Output Setting
3. To activate the AV phono socket you have to change the Display Resolution to 576p
4. Once you have changed the Display Resolution to 576p the AV Socket will become activated and will work via an RF modulator.
5. The HDMI socket will work also with this method to but only if you have a 1080p tv.

If you still want to run an RF distribution system and also want the HDMI socket to work on a 1080i tv aswell you can only do the following which will bypass the AV socket all together but will work 100%.

1. You will need to purchase a 2 way HDMI Splitter do not buy a cheap one as with these you can only use one output at a time but you need two activate HDMI sockets for this method. **** Link: http://www.****.co.uk/itm/2x1-Port-Way-HDMI-Switcher-Amplifier-1080P-3D-Splitter-HUB-HDTV-DVD-PS3-XBOX-LCD-/160761102758?pt=UK_ConsumerElectr onics_VideoSwitches_SM&hash=item256e1bc1a6 the cost for these units are around £16 each.

2. Now you need to purchase an HDMI to SCART convertor **** link: http://www.****.co.uk/itm/HDMI-SCART-Composite-AV-Converter-Adapter-Apple-TV2-PS3-SKY-Blu-Ray-DVD-/251026010257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_ 3&hash=item3a7250f091 the cost for these units are around £40 each

3. You already have the RF modulator.

Instructions.

1. Connect an HDMI lead from the Icecrypt S3500HDCCI output socket on the back of the receiver to the input socket on the 2 way HDMI splitter you have purchased.
2. Now on the 2 way HDMI splitter you have x2 activate output HDMI ports that can be used at the same time.
3. Connect an HDMI lead from the 2 way HDMI Splitter back into your 1080i Television set.
4. Connect another HDMI lead from the 2 way HDMI Splitter to the HDMI to Scart Convertor input.
5. Connect a scart lead from the output of the HDMI to Scart Convertor to your RF Modulator.
6. Select an output channel number on the RF modulator say channel 60 ( this will stop cross modulation as it is right up in the UHF band away from other channels that are being used i.e BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV CH4 CH5 etc).
7. If you have a TV aerial lead now connect this to the RF input on your RF modulator.
8. Now connect a lead from the RF Output on the RF Modulator and run this into an RF amplifier.
9. Go and retune all tv,s in the house and your done.

Cheers

JT

HI ALL

buck401
18-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I had the same problem with a a/v cable (Philips) which did not work. I bought one from Turbosat as part of the Mounting Kit which works.
Make sure that Turbosat are aware that the Kit is for domestic use otherwise they omit the a/v cable.

frankpark
18-04-2012, 11:44 PM
thanks mate thats great information and agreat help .was not sure about TV but tried method of changeing av output but no good will have to purchase 2 way HDMI and SCART TO HDMI and see if that works .thanks again for information frankpark