PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable dish mount - help please!

doubleudee
18-04-2012, 06:03 AM
I am looking to use my old dish (1mt) as a second (fixed) dish to use with my dm8000, but it needs a new mount as the one that came with it rusted away.

I've searched the sponsors site (first place to look) but can't see one, a google search came up with this one __http://www.*********.co.uk/product_overview.asp?prod=Andrews-3%22-AZ/EL-Mount&id=1672&catid=12&subcat=51 - sorry for link, I can't attach an image otherwise I would have done that instead.

Andrews 3" AZ/EL Mount = Order Code ANTAN01 £49 which seems a bit pricey for just an adjustable bracket,

I've got a spare pole (old scaffolding pole) which is still fixed upright into the ground in the garden which will suffise to fix all to it, but i need a complete new mount to attach to pole and dish (such as the one in the link which has the up/down angle adjustment on it and attaches pole to dish itself).

I can drill a couple of new holes in the dish to fix the new mount to it if required, so that's not a problem, and the dish will only be pointing at 28.2E

Any ideas, or is it a lost cause, seems a shame to have this dish stuck in the shed for years not being used.

wd

LINK AND DETAILS REMOVED BY ADMIN

Mickha
18-04-2012, 07:43 AM
£50 doesn't seem a bad price, for what you're getting, although why not consider adding a motor, like the Moteck H180, which is a supposed replacement for the Jaeger.
I was trying to get a little welding done, for my old CM 1.2M mount, and the cheapest I could find was £50, as they charge for 1 hours work, unless you have the equipment, or access to the required equipment, then it will cost to produce an original mount, or even a patched up mount for a fixed dish.
You might get something cheaper by finding a damaged CM dish, with a mount, on internet sales sites, but many people are after an original CM mount, at a reasonable price, including myself:)

echelon
18-04-2012, 09:09 AM
link details removed (rules)

I assume its like this famous site one ? Item number: 17082506217

doubleudee
18-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Yup, thanks both, that's the one ech, sorry for the link, just wondered if that price was a little high? Seems not tho from Mickha's reply

harrydocuk
18-04-2012, 02:48 PM
if its just for 28.2e why not get a second hand sk* dish. it would even be cheaper buying a brand new dish than paying for the Andrews mount. remember this mount is for a channel master which is a high end dish so you have to pay the money for the mount.