PDA

View Full Version : Info Required for Openbox/Skybox

Grahamc
19-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I am trying to use Newcamd in a Skybox S12 (Openbox) which I received this morning inputted my user name and password and enabled then saved. I have also set the server to "on", inputted the port number, ( I could not find a place to input the server address) The network is setup ok.

Am I missing something as the Newcamd works ok in my Technomate (when i could not decrypt channels with the Skybox I put the Technomate in its place and it decrypted ok)

Best Regards to all
Grahamc

echelon
19-04-2012, 06:47 PM
every time I have checked cccam or newcamd I have always had to include an ip address or hostname , port , name and password for it to work

additionally , you have the deskey to add in newcamd too

so I would say if you dont add a hostname it wont work

and I cannot comment on the openbox either, but I cannot see it being any different

Grahamc
19-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks echelon, just thought I put my username for the line, I will replace it with the ip address of the box and see if that works. As for the hostname echelon there is no place to put it - just an "on-off" option (hopefully the ip will be the answer - cannot try it until later on though but heres hoping!!

Cheers again for the reply
Graham

echelon
19-04-2012, 07:28 PM
plenty of cccam and newcamd info in the dreambox newbie section for the details on the 2 emus

the only difference between using them on closed boxes is the addition of a deskey in newcamd

as for the openbox , reading various posts elsewhere it seems it can handle c lines by editing and using the cccam.cfg file

nothing is mentioned about newcamd

however , on a spiderbox newcamd is used as a server and only allows for the name and password and port number (and deskey) , and on or off

so if the openbox is similar it is for transmitting and not receiving

so assuming it can handle newcamd I would think you need an N line in the cccam.cfg file , instead of a C line

if it cannot handle n lines you are wasting your time

manic01
19-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Openbox works as server with card and newcs.
Will work using c/n lines.
No reshares from lines.
Shares out card only via newcs, will not reshare anything than actual card.

fred fickle
29-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Can you use the standard softcam in the skybox F3 as no share as yet.