PDA

View Full Version : Openbox S10 HD Satellite Receiver Question

ash1
27-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi, I have just upgraded from an old Pace **** box & decided to get the fta Openbox S10 HD Satellite Receiver but it doesn't seem to be picking any channels. When I revert back to my old Pace box it's OK.

So I have been wondering if I need a new dish with an HD lnb? I am sure my old dish which I have had for many years has the universal lnb. I would be grateful for any opinions. Thank you.

satwyn
27-04-2012, 05:47 PM
no such thing as hd lnb and also your dish seems ok look further into your receiver probably need to look further into the receiver menus to scan the correct sats ect

voyager1972
27-04-2012, 05:48 PM
you hd box will still pick up sd channels ,so i dont thinks its the lnb..is it locking on to the satellite ok???

ash1
27-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks for your reply voyager. It kept going off & on when I first connected it up but when I reverted it back to the other box there was no problem. It doesn't seem to lock on with the open box properly so no picture......do you think it needs a slight adjustment on the dish to lock on? I am a bit rusty with the latest technology so thought I'd ask about the lnb if you needed an HD one before starting to adjust the sat. dish. Thanks for your help.

ash1
27-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for confirming there is no such thing as an HD lnb satwyn this is leading me to think I need to do some adjustment with the dish? Thanks for your reply.

satwyn
27-04-2012, 06:51 PM
also looks like your dish is ok if it works on the old receiver just to clarify no such thing either as a hd sat dish not sure what your problem is but probably something simple check all cable connections ect

nosmo king
27-04-2012, 08:43 PM
dont touch your DISH you'll make it WORSE

look at MENU and see if you can enable sat and lnb it may need to be done

voyager1972
27-04-2012, 08:47 PM
are you using a fixed dish or motorised,,,as these box;s have issues with motorised dishes.
have you tried a factory reset and setup from scratch again and see what happens

ash1
27-04-2012, 09:51 PM
It's a motorised dish but hasn't worked for many years it's a Stablock motor if I remember right which was coupled up to my Humax. They have both stopped working quite some time ago, the motor is pointing at the Astra satellite so I swapped it for a free to air. The humax has been disconnected from the system becasue it's faulty. You think that the faulty motor could be interfering with the open box?

There were no instructions with the open box. It's got a menu button but all I get is a list of the satellites intermittently on the screen it's connected to the t.v. via an HDMI cable. Is there any where the I can get instructions for this receiver?

Thanks again to everyone.

echelon
27-04-2012, 09:53 PM
astra 1 or astra 2 ?

nosmo king
27-04-2012, 10:14 PM
hope this helps s9 s10 s11 are all the same

ash1
27-04-2012, 10:23 PM
I am pretty certain it's the Astra 2.

clacky
28-04-2012, 12:13 AM
you could try altering the lnb setting and see if the signal becomes strong.
cheers

ash1
28-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Many thanks to everyone who replied to my question they all pointed me in the right direction. Using the the HDMi cable the picture kept flickering & going off. So I connected using the video input & finally I could get the menu up & with everyones assistance on here I checked the lnb setting it was on universal but wanted setting to a different universal one & as soon as that was done the picture signal went right up so I have got it up & running with with everyones assistance from here.

Thanks very much & the manual is very handy too nosmo king....thanks.