PDA

View Full Version : TomTom classic XXl w. Europe Navcore 9.43 update possible?

polwindave
28-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi,
I just got this as a present. It has western europe 850.2781 on it which I guess is pretty old by now? I read somewhere about problems with this navcore (9.430.890926.2) and seem to remember something about TomTom home latest versions that download this navcore & this causes problems with trying to upload a newer map. I might have got that wrong as its from a few weeks back and I can't remember the site I read it on but can anyone confirm this or put me right about the most sensible way to update it? (I only really need UK&ROI but would like to have lane guidance)
I'm just a bit concerned as the thing has no sd slot and I don't want to brick the thing altogether :)
Cheers
Dave

DARTFORD
29-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Hi, yes there are issues with the latestest software but there is a work around with the details on this thread

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?154487-New-nav-core

In conjunction with the latest map on this forum, all works fine, the tools are also in the sticky thread at the top. Only thing I seem to not get now is the seven day satellite position data ? But map corrections still update

PS

Only thing I was tempted to do is an official paid update, as I have had loads of free ones lol, It flags up a 50% discount as it thinks I have the latest map ? But I wonder if I pay all will go wrong and they realise I have a tinkered map ?

polwindave
01-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't think I'd risk it lol. I managed to get ukroi885.4009 wkg ok on 9.430.890926-2 but had to use bbs t**ls after the usual approach. Only thing I'm still missing is text to speech to speak the roads. I have kate tts on the device but it doesn't show in the voices on the device. Out of interest, I tried it thru tthome and kate shows up but I don't have the option in there to enable tts (Its grayed and if I try it says its not available on this device (xxl - I think its the 540 Western Europe version.