PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox update

shhtvison
07-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi im just new to forum so sorry if this has been asked but why do you need to do factory reset every time you load new patch, I've just recently bought a spider box 9000. Thanks for any help you can give me :respect-050: And is it bad if you dont do factory reset first?

shhtvison
07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
And also how often should I update my spiderbox?

Friendly-Face
07-05-2012, 04:48 PM
First time you get the box, do update it to the last software, then make Factory Reset right after the update.
After that is no need to do that again.

Well update as often as there is some major and significant update, or if you like update everytime there is new SW

but as long as the box works there is no need to update or downgrade

shhtvison
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
First time you get the box, do update it to the last software, then make Factory Reset right after the update.
After that is no need to do that again.

Well update as ofyten as there is some major and significant update, or if you like update everytime there is new SW
but as long as the box works there is no need to update or downgrade

Is it bad that I didn't do a factory reset before I did update?

echelon
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Is it bad that I didn't do a factory reset before I did update?

it can result in problems if you havent done it, but some people report no problems at all

it clears the box out ready for the new update and then another one ensures it is locked in afterwards

backup your channel list , make a note of your settings , then do a factory reset

then reload your channel list, make sure all your settings are correct once more, and you should be ok

or if you have no problems, leave it alone until the next update and then factory reset it then before applying the next one, and factory reset yet again after the new patch is loaded

I usually update within a few days of a patch being released (after backing up the channel list and noting down my usals setting)

the choice is yours

shhtvison
07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Thank you both for your help :cheers2:

TonyO
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I usually update 2 or 3 days after the update is released in case there are any bugs or errors in it, let the peeps who 1st try it find them, although there havn't been many with the recent spider updates.

^^COMPASS^^
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I usually update 2 or 3 days after the update is released in case there are any bugs or errors in it, let the peeps who 1st try it find them, although there havn't been many with the recent spider updates.

That would be because we Spiderbox Beta testers test "New software" before Boxer26 publishes his software updates.

Learning
08-05-2012, 08:25 AM
im of the school of thought that if it aint broke dont fix it, and the spiderbox is far from broken thanks to the efforts of the providers and the excellent support we are receiving.