PDA

View Full Version : Constructing a patch?

oldjiver
10-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Constructing a softcam from information on the net is relatively simple. However I have been told in the past when I enquired about a patch that I wouldnt know what was in there. We are having a moan about problems with TM patches. Is there anything constructive we can do? Is there a guide to making patches anywhere or are they only for hardened proffessionals?

Jasper
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I've been thinking the same thing and thought about posting a thread on the same subject.

What we need to know is the computer language that the firmware is written in. I think technomate use perl. It is meant to be an easy language to learn. So the starting point would be to obtain the tools (the correct computer program) to open one of the patches and see how it is written.

I don't know much about this, but have compiled scripts when modding computer games. Only ever dabbled on a very basic level.

On the whole though, I agree with Oldjiver that it's time to learn what is involved, if only to better understand why the patches are not evolving how many of us would like them to.

The only stumbling block might be that we systematically blow up our technomates (and everyone elses) and end up with black screens on all channels!

That said, I'm in.

Jasper

^^COMPASS^^
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
without the source code you won't be able to get anywhere

holmroad
10-05-2012, 03:09 PM
@Compass:-
It always seemed so much more organised and professional when YOU used to do it for us my old friend!:respect-067:

oldjiver
10-05-2012, 03:30 PM
without the source code you won't be able to get anywhere
Thanks for the info Compass. Dead Duck for us amateurs then! Can you tell us if the problems are solvable by the right person, or are we wasting our time requesting?

Jasper
10-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Is there a way to extract the source code from the firmware?

As suggested in this thread
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?111032-Anyone-tried-to-disassemble-TM6900-firmware