PDA

View Full Version : LNB good or bad?

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I got a smart titanium LNB to be put on my motorized dish but I heard you can get better ones than mine which is very cheap. Will it make a difference paying extra?

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I noticed link doesnt work heres a picture of it 53918

^^COMPASS^^
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Couldn't comment on the above lnb as i don't have one

I have one of these and highly recommend them
only cost a tenna :respect-048:

INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SUPER HIGH GAIN LNB

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Couldn't comment on the above lnb as i don't have one

I have one of these and highly recommend them
only cost a tenna :respect-048:

INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SUPER HIGH GAIN LNB

Thanks ill have a look on ****

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
haha I see e*bay is banned here lol

echelon
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
haha I see e*bay is banned here lol

so are live links too , read the rules again please , thanks ;) (post 1 edited to non-live link)

I recently bought the ultrablack like compass , and made a BIG difference, so cannot recommend them highly enough , especially at the price they are

donki
11-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I bought the cheapest 0.2db I could find and it works well and has done for over 3 years now. Cost about £5. :)

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 04:09 PM
so are live links too , read the rules again please , thanks ;) (post 1 edited to non-live link)

I recently bought the ultrablack like compass , and made a BIG difference, so cannot recommend them highly enough , especially at the price they are

Sorry echelon and I just bought the ultra black LNB thanks both of you for your advice

Barney
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
YOU Wont regret it shhtvision The Inverto Black Ultra LNB is the Best LNB for weak Signals i have ever used ... all my offset dishes have this lnb fitted and no problems whatsoever ..65-72db Gain speaks for itself really .
i also use Inverto Black pro 0.2db C120 LNB on my 2m prime focus Dish and even that has improved signals aswell .
Once again The very Best possible advice Given and i agree 100% with all above posters comments .

----
Barney

Jasper
11-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Would upgrading to an Inverto Black Ultra help with channels that break-up when it rains?

donki
11-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Would upgrading to an Inverto Black Ultra help with channels that break-up when it rains?
Nope, but you could try putting a little umbrella over the LNB. :)

shhtvison
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
lmao little umbrella :respect-058:

satwyn
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
the lnb you have is fine but if you want to compare with the inverto black then why not they're cheap enough

gbmitie
12-05-2012, 09:26 AM
what channels are breaking up, ie the sat and name of channel? and what size is dish, and your location roughly and what do you want to receive? are you using USALS?

Dreamcatcher
12-05-2012, 11:37 AM

No. Your alignment is probably wrong. It's a myth that changing LNBs will stop rain affected signals. My LNB is err.... Cant remember but it's been up there for 6 years on 1m dish in London and is perfect between 42East and 45West.

chippy
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
this thread couldnt have been started at a better time for me. on thur my lnb went south, so i without having to ask any questions, im going to get a black ultra lnb with a little umbrella. so thanks for all your advice. chippy.

sstylianou1976
13-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Guys I can tell you I have a Smart Titanium 0.1 lnb for my set up so far the picture from this lnb is very good which is better than my old invacom 0.3lnb so no problems with this lnb so thought I tell you on this matter and the build quality is great.

Franner
14-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I also changed to the black ultra 4 months ago and in my opinion its the best thing since sliced bread i automatically gained singal and signal quality as soon as i changed its well worth the money m8s.

shhtvison
14-05-2012, 09:56 AM
I ordered one but not received it yet and dish man fitting dish 2day so ill need to do without

radtom
14-05-2012, 12:03 PM
a 2litre pop bottle cut in half and cut down the middle with an overhang of about an inch and a half has worked a treat for me for over 15 years,or you can buy a ready made one.ive got a new black ultra which is longer than your usual lnb so where you finally set it in the holding bracket will determine your cover length.the black ultra has given me a big improvement on 26 east,5 east and 7 west.if your system is set up correctly and you are just about getting a viewable signal but you are getting break up in light rain,wipe the lnb face,{if you can get at it }mines set at ground level.just a few rain drops on the lnb on a weak signal can cause problems on any lnb.

mikie8
14-05-2012, 01:58 PM
lnbs will degrade with time , its just there nature . sure some people can use the same lnb for years as they are probally only viewing the strongest signals .

what with better manufacturing technics and computer design , lnbs perform better and are cheaper now than ever before .

if you use a motorised system and view weak signals reguarly then an lnb upgrade is worth the money as its a cheap upgrade .

i have a few dishes including a 1.25 gibby and a fibo 90cm .

i done some extensive tests ( i bought a ground pole for testing and spent last year in the garden more than watching tv ) .

a new lnb which improves the reception over the one your using will help when it rains . if rain causes 20% loss and a new lnb raised the signal by 30% , you do the maths . this is dependant on the signal strength you are trying to recieve . obviously trying to recieve 7w in the uk with a 80cm dish during the rain is not a good idea .

a new lnb can improve signal just as much as a new dish . ( my generic 80cm when i upgraded to a black ultra beat my fibo with its original lnb ) i since had a black ultra modded to fit the fibo and then my fibo beat my gibby at signal strength and quality .

the best thing about the black ultra is its edge control ( most lnbs are focused so they dont see the outer edge of the dish , maybe 70% of the dish face on some lnbs ) , the black ultra can be positioned as far from the dish as the bracket allows to see more of the dish face , sometimes even further but most will not want to mod a dish arm . there is more interfearce at the edge of the dish and many lnbs cant cope with this noise .

i have done no testing this year as im happy with my setup , but i might get a smart tit as i have heard some good reports , if i do i will report back on my findings .

if you want to build a rain or snow shield , a plastic food pot with the bottom cut off and slid over the lnb and held with a cable tie will do the job . snow build up is more of a problem than rain in my testing . plastic does not stop microwaves in my experience .

if your thinking of upgrading your dish or find some signals are a lttle weak , get a new lnb first and test for yourself .

for the price and the effort involved to change an lnb , i would highly recommend it , as others have mentioned , try the black ultra .

good luck .

shhtvison
23-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi I put on that black ultra LNB today and improved signal strength slightly but signal quality dipped quite a bit for example Aljazeera sports 1 - 10 on hotbird 13.e was 75% S and 84 Q and now its 78% S and flickering between 66% and 68% Q and also I lost 16e. Does anyone know anything about this?

Mickha
23-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Tune in on one of the channels, that is currently weaker, and move the LNB towards, and further away from, the dish, checking the signal quality readings. If it doesn't beat your old LNB I'd switch them back.

shhtvison
23-05-2012, 07:15 PM
What is weird is if I move the lnb I can get a satellite at great signal but goes low or no signal for other satellites

Mickha
23-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Can you please post some pictures, it reads as if the LNB isn't held securely in place, and not pointing at the correct angle.

shhtvison
23-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Can you please post some pictures, it reads as if the LNB isn't held securely in place, and not pointing at the correct angle.

I messed about and its better than before now thanks everyone :champion-018:

Franky_D
07-02-2013, 12:07 AM
I always believed Interto was better until I got proper SatMeter and compared Inverto and Invacom. Signal strength was better on Inverto, but Invacom is giving better quality

unimesh7Fowner
16-09-2013, 10:19 AM
I have just checked in Inverto , they have brought a new model call the eco nad comes with a Green cap it takes only 100ma( compared to 200ma on the ultra) and at 0.1 .

has anyone tried this model yet?

donki
16-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Fell for the hype and bought an Inverto thinking it would be better than my Technomate. 1 day later the Technomate was reinstated. Waste of money.

skomedal
16-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Fell for the hype ----- Waste of money.

Same here bought both the black ultra quad and single only to find my elderly maximum 0.2 quad gave a far better signal so reinstated.

Regards

rigsby
16-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Fell for the hype and bought an Inverto thinking it would be better than my Technomate. 1 day later the Technomate was reinstated. Waste of money.

Me too, TM Gold .1db beats the new Black Ultra i bought recently.

holmroad
16-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Same here as my old white Sharpe 0.1d/B was virtually identical with the new black inverto I bought a couple of weeks ago!!:respect-055:

vamas
16-09-2013, 07:55 PM
I have just changed to an Inverto twin 0.2 dB Black-Pro range C120 flange LNB which i used on my 1.8 mtr channel master attached to a feed horn as my previous lnb got shorted during a storm - what a huge disappointment!!!
On 28.2 using my vu+ only 329 items were locked in.
Now have changed to a Smart titanium twin lnb, took off my feed horn and locked in over 958 items. I definitely will never go back to Inverto....

appy
16-09-2013, 11:17 PM
hi i installed a new inverto black ultra on friday afternoon and at first i was disappointed but after messing with the focal length i got about 3 to 4 % improvement on 7w and in bad weather the breakup is nowhere near as bad as before i do think this has made a significant improvement for me personally i have no reason to recommend this lnb but just went with the advice of others on this forum i now receive 7w all day in bad weather but my stronger sats have gone down slightly but with what i have gained for £9.00 i am delighted i am in the position that my dish is on a pole about 5ft high in the garden and i can see the tv while i adjust on the weakest signal 7w so that helped me immensely so its whatever works for you and maybe some lnbs work better for some than others i replaced an amiko lnb which was 0.1db and was working very well but i rarely got jsc sports hd5 and 6 very well until late at night but now all day everyday so far even tonight when it was raining heavily in cheshire hd 6 broke up a little but not enough to change channel and only for a few moments during the worst of it . i also moved my dish slightly with usaals and stored the best position when i got the highest signal on that frequency hope wish you all the best using vu solo 1.25m faval dish pictures posted on jsc sports with moving logo thread good luck.
appy

holmroad
16-09-2013, 11:26 PM
I am now seriously considering fitting a 1.2M Gilbertini dish alongside either my black inverto or white Sharpe LNB to see if I can pull in JSC Sports HD1-6 here in North Lincs - especially on a Saturday at 3PM lol!!!:respect-067:

appy
16-09-2013, 11:42 PM
58704hi sorry about blurred image but taken on my camcorder in the dark the screen is 106 inch projector benq w100 and the quality is actually excellent this picture does not do it justice regards appy
I am now seriously considering fitting a 1.2M Gilbertini dish alongside either my black inverto or white Sharpe LNB to see if I can pull in JSC Sports HD1-6 here in North Lincs - especially on a Saturday at 3PM lol!!!:respect-067:

echelon
17-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Me too, TM Gold .1db beats the new Black Ultra i bought recently.

tm gold is still a rebadged inverto !!

donki
17-09-2013, 10:40 AM
If that were really true how does one then explain such a BIG difference in performance between the two? The new Ultra I got last week really was rubbish compared to my TM Gold. Oh! Don't tell me I know. The one I bought is a clone or my dish went out of alignment when I fitted the ultra and mysteriously back in when I refitted the TM. :)

tm gold is still a rebadged inverto !!

holmroad
17-09-2013, 12:10 PM
As long as your happy with what you have it matters not.

True, but we all can improve our 'lot' by listening to others' experiences too surely?:respect-067:

echelon
17-09-2013, 12:30 PM
If that were really true how does one then explain such a BIG difference in performance between the two? The new Ultra I got last week really was rubbish compared to my TM Gold. Oh! Don't tell me I know. The one I bought is a clone or my dish went out of alignment when I fitted the ultra and mysteriously back in when I refitted the TM. :)

I never attempted to explain the differences nor did I place any doubt on your comparison tests, also my reply quoted rigsby`s post not yours

I merely pointed out to rigsby that the tm gold is made by inverto and rebadged as technomate, as are most of their products (rebadged), so he had actually bought 2 different inverto`s

everybody has their own opinion and is allowed to voice that opinion within the rules

I have never owned or tested a technomate gold so have no opinion on it , other than the fact that inverto made it and that fact appears in all the adverts about it so why single out my reply as if it means anything else ?

I do have an inverto ultra black, and find I get better results compared to my previous inverto silver or the previous invacom

the fact is that there wont be many lnb manufacturers, but there will be many that rebadge equipment made by others, and technomate have a habit of doing so

I own a sony dvd recorder that is actually made by pioneer and rebadged as sony, others own rebadged samsung dvd recorders that have the sony label on them , its a fact of life that rebadging (white labelling) goes on all the time in many industries

so maybe if I bought the technomate gold that is actually made by inverto, maybe I too would see better results, I dont know and dont need to find out because like manic01 says, I am happy with my lot

the problem about all this is when people get so obsessed about spec that they lose the plot, and the fact is that no lnb is going to be a substitute for a bigger dish, as some of you are finding out in your obsessions about 26e and 7.3w

so a standard lnb on a massive dish is always going to be better than a top ten quality lnb on a small dish

the point here is that everyone has opinions, and some swear by sharp, others by inverto (or rebadged invertos), others swear by invacom , and although we may be guided by other opinions (like holmroad is saying) , we may find we dont actually agree with those opinions , or we may not have access to the top ten lnb,s to be able to write a definitive wotsat guide in comparing them

I am of the opinion that manic01 said it all, if you are happy with what you own (like I am), then recommend it to others if you must, but dont try to over influence others with your personal prejudices or belittle theirs, and do not put your words into other peoples mouths, just stick to your own opinion based on what you have done, not what you think others may or may not think

in the meantime , anyone reading this is free to buy and use any lnb they like, be it inverto, technomate, sharp , invacom or whatever the make or badge, and if it does as you want then fine , stick with it, as there wont be one clear answer on this anyway, if there is I dont know what that answer is , but I would recommend that members buy and use at least one of the top 5 as most members will be happy with what it does anyway

echelon
17-09-2013, 12:35 PM
True, but we all can improve our 'lot' by listening to others' experiences too surely?:respect-067:

if they report their own experiences , yes , but not if they seek to belittle another members experiences due to prejudice , no

skomedal
17-09-2013, 02:19 PM
August 26 2013

Inverto ultra black single versus quad signal strength fringe reception ( for me ) astra 1N @28.2E bbc/itv from central southern norway, 100 cm tm dish, tm5204 hdci m2 stb, 5 meter brand new high quality copper braided coax.
Comparison done on the veranda thus could bypass the diseqc motor clear blue sky temp ~+20c, every lnb position ( every 2 mm with skew test left center right ) tried on the long necks ( had hoped the extra longneck on the single would let me find the sweet spot on the dish ) spent 4 hours testing ( dish is mounted head height at the end of the veranda firmly anchored top and bottom ).

Conclusion :-

The quad had a slight edge over the single on all TPs ( 8 ) tested signal strengths on the quad were level 96/97 quality 88/92 the single were level 96/97 quality 85/92.

Also tested a wildcard LNB the Maximum v4 quad 0.2 Db on the same setup and TPs results were level 97 constant quality 90/95.

As you can guess I have left the maximum in place.

Hope this helps ppl with fringe reception.

Regards

Ps. Also tried all the TPs on astra 2F level 97 quality 8 so no lock.

Rizwan
21-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I am using Black ultra on my prime focus Dish, Now brought recently Inverto Black Pro, Is that make me feel good on Prime Focus Dish ?

Rizwan
21-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Many experts advice me to use Prime focus LNB on my Prime focus Dish for optimal results, As I bought Inverto Black pro and it comes with its own feed horn and fixed type scalar ring, It disappoint me very much, its fitting give you very less room to get the optimal