PDA

View Full Version : Sling box setup

aabs
27-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Im thinking of getting a sling box solo to add to my DM800 so I can stream program's to a mobile device such as iPhone, iPad. Wouk
Ld like to hear other members views or opinions on tHis set up and things to watch out for to get a successful stream that would be viewable. Also would like to know if anyone has any better hardware views than the sling box.

tighbuidhe
27-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Tried all the free solution such as Orb and ************ dreambox player&web streamer on DM800 but eventually bit-the-bullet and bought a Slingbox Classic. Although it is not ment to be supported anymore it has worked well allowing viewing when I am away from home. Have never tried it on iphone, thats a project for another day. If I recall correctly I thought the iphone app was overpriced at the time.

aabs
27-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Sounds like I followed the same route but didn't realise the price of the slingbox app until I looked @ £21 it's 25%the cost of the hardware

Stev0
29-05-2012, 06:38 PM
if you have a fast enough internet connection you can use dreambox live Iphone app, its about £3 i think i used it a few times out and about. also dreamote is a good one for recording while your out.

peterlevinr
01-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Slingbox spot on m8 reliable
Tried other streamers but dont work well
Why not jb iphone
Can also change channel etc thro app

aabs
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks Stevo,

For the heads up I hadnt thought to look for a dreambox app.
Just had a quick look at dreamboxlive and it looks like the app can only stream within the LAN. I want something which can go out onto the WAN like the slingbox can.

Can you confirm if dreambox live will work on a WAN

My iphone/ipad aint jailbroke so I dont wanna buy an app they wont do what I want it to.

azeemmir
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
HI
i am using sling box connected with 800 from 2 years over internet in my car on my laptop and also works on ipad and android, very very reliable, i have usb dongle (20 mbit but works only 3 mbit) in my car unlimited and at home i have 120 mbit connection , works 100% but if u have data limit on mobile internet or dongle then dont use it, i use dongle 10 gb per day flat rate,
so becarefull
thanx