PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 9000hd Scrambled Channels after 30 seconds

donkebab
29-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Help please i have a spiderbox 9000 hd which is currently working on C-lines the problem is that it onld decodes for around 30 seconds then stops. i have to reboot stb in order to get it working again and it still only lasts 30 seconds or so..... All other connections are off and its a fixed dish. its driving me insain :001_07: i have searched on line and cannot find a similar problem. PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A SOLUTION...

donkebab
29-05-2012, 04:11 PM
The Clines are fine i tried them on my dreambox with no problems so its got to be the box....

echelon
29-05-2012, 04:29 PM
try setting one of the c lines as priority, and ensure its not clashing with any ucas/softcam ones too

donkebab
29-05-2012, 04:47 PM
the ucas is off and im not sure how to priorotise one of the clines.. i have tried manually putting in the clines and loading them via cfg file either way gets the same results. it does not seem to work any differently with the other servers being on or off. I probably should mension that it was working fine for a while a few weeks ago. I tried a SW update via th default address provided but cant seem to get on at the right time. My understanding is that the servers are overloaded.. Any other advise or do you think i simply have a malfunctioning box?

donkebab
29-05-2012, 05:35 PM
ok i will give it a try and let you know how i get on...

tr8.
29-05-2012, 06:27 PM
1st place to look is the person who is supplying the cline.
Does it show the line still connect when you loose the picture?, check in the menu.
Most line are prety simple and they work or don't with the spiderbox.
If it keeps dropping then comming back thats another issue.

donkebab
29-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Once I loose the picture the clines are still connected. I will however ask the question to the cline supplier and see if I get any joy. Having said that if it still says connected once I loose a picture I would suspect its not the clines. Im feeling really stuck here. Has this issue not come up before. Oh and thanks for all your posts.

Anrakh
29-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Sounds like an oscam server with the keepalive function turned off.

Anrakh
29-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Thats your answer to everything.
Not to everything, but I've done that myself and experienced the same thing.
That comment of yours was of no help to the OP, whereas I was trying to help him fix his problem.

donkebab
29-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys but if that is the case what can I do about it.

donkebab
29-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys but if that is the case what can I do about it.

donkebab
29-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Just checked the connection and that's ok. Tried my old dreambox again and that works fine does not scramble so again clines are ok. Did a factory reset too no good. I think I'm going to hang myself.

donkebab
29-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm actually subscribed to 2 different servers and I'm having the same problem with both.

echelon
29-05-2012, 08:08 PM
the ucas is off and im not sure how to priorotise one of the clines.. i have tried manually putting in the clines and loading them via cfg file either way gets the same results. it does not seem to work any differently with the other servers being on or off. I probably should mension that it was working fine for a while a few weeks ago. I tried a SW update via th default address provided but cant seem to get on at the right time. My understanding is that the servers are overloaded.. Any other advise or do you think i simply have a malfunctioning box?

if you had read the extensive spiderbox tutorials on this and other forums you would have known how to prioritise a line as its clearly stated in them

I have also previously posted about the fact that the spiderbox seems to drop a line and then win it back, and you can sometimes see this in oscam

so as anrakh correctly states , oscam KEEPALIVE may need extending to cover the dropout and reconnection issue that spiderboxes can have, so the keepalive needs to be longer than any dropout and reconnection, and using older firmware on spiderboxes and their mvsion and starview equivalents excaerbates this problem

so assuming you are on the latest patch, and if your server(s) are running oscam , they need to increase the stayalive time

the alternative is to have 2 logins where the spiderbox toggles between the two on a round robin system

this has been mentioned before several times and the double login solution per server was put forward as one method of fixing this issue

another was the use of newcamd instead of cccam as a spiderbox has always been more stable in newcamd and that is its own method of sharing too

so anrakh was correct in asking you to ask your provider to increase the STAYALIVE time in order to compensate for the disconnection and reconnection issue, assuming he is using oscam that is

you should also be testing this with one server connected at any time, NOT multiple servers as in your case

donkebab
29-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok sounds like a plan and thanks I will contact my supplier and ask the question. In the interim do I need to change any of my settings on the box ?

echelon
29-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Ok sounds like a plan and thanks I will contact my supplier and ask the question. In the interim do I need to change any of my settings on the box ?

read my last reply or replies

ie:- test using one server only and ucas off too, then test the other server with ucas off

if ok try adding ucas = ON into the mix and test again

but its my opinion anrakh was correct in that the srvr keepalive time is too short or not set

donkebab
30-05-2012, 09:50 AM
All thanks for the replies i have contacted my server who assure me it will work as long as i update my firmware so that my box can support the latest Cccam does anyone have any ideas where i can get the latest firmware?

Thanks

echelon
30-05-2012, 10:18 AM
All thanks for the replies i have contacted my server who assure me it will work as long as i update my firmware so that my box can support the latest Cccam does anyone have any ideas where i can get the latest firmware?

Thanks

the latest 2012 spiderbox firmwares are all hidden in our spiderbox files firmware section ;)

I suggest you acquaint yourself more thoroughly with our forums here, especially all our spiderbox sub forums too

my 9000 box has firmware dated mar 29 2012, so what is the date on the firmware on your box ?

ps:- the spiderbox cccam is pegged to v2.14, not the latest cccam as in dreambox or vu cccams

donkebab
30-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your response i will chach the firmware version but from memory its 2011 some time... I have tried to update it but keep getting a failed message after the box connects. Im guessing thats something to do with an overloaded server i will keep trying.

Mickha
30-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Just download the latest patch to your USB stick and load it on your Spiderbox.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?155407-7000-and-9000-patches-29-3-2012
And, if you haven't already, please read the Spiderbox guides:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?567-Guides-amp-FAQ

echelon
30-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your response i will chach the firmware version but from memory its 2011 some time... I have tried to update it but keep getting a failed message after the box connects. Im guessing thats something to do with an overloaded server i will keep trying.

in that case I would definitely update it to this years firmware, but the cccam wont change as its always been 2.14 and will probably remain that way in any future updates

so if your dreambox is using a newer cccam than 2.14 and works, and this spiderbox one isnt working properly with that server, I would still say that your server needs to provide you with a suitable cccam or oscam option to enable you to run your spiderbox, an up to date and correctly configured oscam can do this on the server, but any keep alive options may still need addressing within those oscam files

apart from your spiderbox firmware being out of date, I dont see the issue being with your spiderbox at all, apart from the update error you are getting

I would start from scratch with a full install by null modem of the older repair file using the repair serial loader, then update to march 2012 from a fat32 formatted usb stick after performing a factory reset when the repair file is installed, then reload your channel list and start again with the latest firmware installed

as a newbie here, I strongly advise you to check our forums as all the tools , files , and firmwares etc are here, and some good tutorials too

so asking questions of subjects already covered will inevitably lead you to being told or pointed to those special spiderbox sections like tutorials, files , softcams , repair file and loader etc

basically, its read first, then ask questions, as nothing you can say or ask will not have been covered already on here

but it may just turn out that your server installation may not be fully compatible with your spiderbox installation, and they may need to adjust their server to compensate or make allowances for cccam 2.14 being used, as you cannot use v2.21 or 2.30 on a spiderbox

hornet
30-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Its a major mission to find a sealion that works well with a spiderbox, have spoken to a fair few providers that think the spider is a pain in the ar*e when used with a sealion and 99% of the providers seem to think spiders are more stable with NEWCAMD, my sealion works well and is only troublesome when the net gets busy at say when the schools kickout and internet usage is high !

donkebab
30-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks all for your help i am just getting used to the furum and have now found some interesting information and tutorials i will have a play tonight and let you all know how i got on. im pretty sure the dreambox uses cccam 2.14 as i havent updated that for a couple of years since it has always worked well. Oh by the way the only reason i have both boxes is due to the dream box not having the HD capability.

Thanks again..

echelon
31-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Its a major mission to find a sealion that works well with a spiderbox, have spoken to a fair few providers that think the spider is a pain in the ar*e when used with a sealion and 99% of the providers seem to think spiders are more stable with NEWCAMD, my sealion works well and is only troublesome when the net gets busy at say when the schools kickout and internet usage is high !

that is correct , and the blade is the same too

but if the server is setup correctly and using oscam there is no reason why it wont work and I have proved this to several forum members already with a temporary c5HD feed (and pick tv) from a freesat card using oscam on a dm800 in the past

donkebab
31-05-2012, 10:36 AM
OK All after updating the firmware it seems to be working. Whhooooohoooooo :party: :respect-067: its not particularly stable but thats something i can take up with the Cline supplier. Thanks for all your help...

echelon
31-05-2012, 10:53 AM
OK All after updating the firmware it seems to be working. Whhooooohoooooo :party: :respect-067: its not particularly stable but thats something i can take up with the Cline supplier. Thanks for all your help...

a double login (2 lines) would sort that out in ccam, or the keepalive option , or an N line instead