PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox Rytec EPG files for USB load

viduka
02-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi all
I have used the Rytec xmltv EPG files method provided by boxer26(thanks) that came out in Aug 11 with the spiderbox 9000 on & off for a few months. I would really like to find a file that gives an full (not just now & next) epg for the scrambled chans on sly 28e. The ones I have looked at appear mainly to do the FTA stuff only. Does anyone know if such a file for a spiderbox exist ? Also, I have seen on the net other sites that do Rytec files, but before I start to download anything to my box I need to know if certain files are box specific. ie does the s/box have its own individual rytec files or can any rytec file be loaded even if it states its for another named box.

Thanks in advance.

Aldo
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I thought that Ronand had answered your query on that same topic on the other forum, on 30th may 2012 with this reply:

" The rytec epg files are not provided by the spiderbox team and they have no control over them. If you find others on the web you are free to use them. "

viduka
02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the reply Aldo. Some of this particular post goes further than my post on the other forum.
I assume then that youre confirming then that these files are not STB specific then and that any rytec file can be used even if another stb is named for the file ? I find its best to canvas plenty of opinion and be cautious before loading files to stbs. Cheers.

^^COMPASS^^
02-06-2012, 04:17 PM
To use alternative Rytec EPG files you may need to change the file extension

EG:
Rytec EPG files for the Spiderbox show a file extension .con

The standard Rytec EPG files will have this extension .conf