PDA

View Full Version : Bootloader icecrypt 4000 not working

frankpark
02-06-2012, 03:40 PM
HI ALL
I am very gratefull of all the help I have received so far .but I still have problems with hd breaking up so I tried to load new bootloader 1.54 on my receiver so I can then put the latest update on I do not have a seriel port on my pc so i was useing USB to serial cable I followed instructions by useing porter express but when i switch my receiver on all I get on front of receiver is error 0 x 10 flashing .is it becasuse I am useing USB to serial if so is there anyway round this Thanks frank

echelon
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
using a usb device wil cause problems, so my advice is use a proper pc or laptop containing a proper com port with 9 pins , and a null modem cable , and not use any usb adapters

mine was done using the serial port and a laptop containing a 9 pin standard serial port, as was loading the old repair firmware, and then loading in new firmware via usb

my freezing and other issues is much less but did not disappear entirely

so usb adapters ? = definitely NOT !

dizz
11-06-2012, 06:53 AM
HI ALL
I am very gratefull of all the help I have received so far .but I still have problems with hd breaking up so I tried to load new bootloader 1.54 on my receiver so I can then put the latest update on I do not have a seriel port on my pc so i was useing USB to serial cable I followed instructions by useing porter express but when i switch my receiver on all I get on front of receiver is error 0 x 10 flashing .is it becasuse I am useing USB to serial if so is there anyway round this Thanks frank

Update bootloader using USB plugin. You don't need serial lead.