PDA

View Full Version : Help

Tweet
03-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi I'm really new to all this I'm thinking about buying a 9000 hd but to use with my sky dish can this be done also how many channels will I have and are there plenty of kids channels on it forum boys to watch not bought 1 as yet but hopefully with help I hope to get one soon as I have the best advice cheers tweet

echelon
03-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Hi I'm really new to all this I'm thinking about buying a 9000 hd but to use with my sky dish can this be done also how many channels will I have and are there plenty of kids channels on it forum boys to watch not bought 1 as yet but hopefully with help I hope to get one soon as I have the best advice cheers tweet

if using a sky dish and pointed at the astra2 satellite , you will only receive freesat channels (google freesat for the details)

you certainly WILL NOT get the scrambled sky channels

there are methods to get sky channels but most forums do not allow those discussions

you can ask for technical help on any box but hacking sky is a banned topic

hope that helps you understand better than before you posted

lonewolfe
05-06-2012, 12:55 PM
If all you want is the freesat stuff, there are much cheaper adequate receivers available.

harrydocuk
05-06-2012, 04:28 PM
if you can get only sk* don't waste your money m8. the sk* dish is small and neat this is because you wont get any other
channels. if you want more channels get a bigger dish and with some extra lmb's and a receiver your on the way to more satellite.
hope this helps you m8.

satwyn
05-06-2012, 05:44 PM
you could possibly use the sky dish realigned to say 13e but as stated not an ideal solution a dish say 60cm would be ideal for starters with a small diseqc motor and then the spider would open a lot of channels for you but not sky uk if you have the sky dish and the receiver the freesat channels would be available without the sky sub