PDA

View Full Version : ghost recordings and playback problems

blakmumba
22-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi all, having a major problem. A certain news debate program is frequently recording by itself, its the ONLY 1 program doing it and has NOT been set to record??. I've flash cleaned the box via usb and null cable, upgraded and downgraded the firmware but still no joy and choosing delete gives the usual error 'cannot delete, file is playing' so have to reboot the box in order to delete. Also when playing mkv, avi files from usb the picture is stretched full screen and dosnt have the black borders top and bottom, anyway to correct this?

Thanks All :)

buck401
22-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Which f/w are you using? A new f/w for the s4000 is due this weekend with a preview here from ColdAs Ice.

blakmumba
24-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks Buck401. Have reinstalled firmware .32 but now the recording has switched to 'Challenge' for every midnight 00:00hrs. This is getting annoying. Another ideas anyone? Have tried everything with flash cleaner, firmware etc.

buck401
24-06-2012, 10:05 AM
When channels are removed or moved, any timers set before will record the old channel number rather than the programme on the new
channel number is my experience. So after moving or deleting or adding channels I always reset the timers.

I trust that after reloading the f/w and Factory Reset that your machine is set to the correct time.

Roll on the next f/w upgrade!!

ColdAsICE
26-06-2012, 01:28 PM
are you re-installing your settings? as this will re-install the timers as well.

blakmumba
27-06-2012, 09:06 AM
are you re-installing your settings? as this will re-install the timers as well.

Don't really understand by re-installing settings to be honest. This is usually what I do.. Use flash cleaner, factory reset, install firmware, factory reset, install channels fdu.
I'm still having problems with auto recording at 00:00 EVERY night. I've also formatted the hard drive but to no avail.

Sent from my iPhone

ColdAsICE
27-06-2012, 11:06 AM
It seems your channels.fdu file has timers in it which you are re-installing when you install it at the end of your resetting procedure.

blakmumba
01-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Thanks all, got it sorted. Installed Software Version 1.08.94 and checked under timers and had them programs to auto record 'don't ask how'?? Deleted and all sorted :)