PDA

View Full Version : spider plug problem

williamtell
24-06-2012, 02:35 PM
hi chaps,
i have spider plugs set up for my 9000hd but today i have problem with connection, the one connected to my router is flashing 2 red 2 orange every second or so, the 2nd plug has solid lights, my ethernet in menu says connecting but i guess they are not talking to each other, wondering if its on the blink so to speak? tia

ps i did disconnect a few days ago to save power?

johnhenry
24-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I think there is a reset for starting again, might be a small hole in which you push a thin pointer.

Wossname
25-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't think so JH. Its a software reset on these plugs as I've posted elsewhere the procedure. If I'm wrong, slap me down :)

williamtell
26-06-2012, 09:22 AM
thanks lads, funnily enough it came back to life after i played around , moving it to another port on router, it did seem dead though at one point with no function lights at all & intermittent flashing of red/amber.

williamtell
29-06-2012, 02:54 PM
dead again today & no lights, any ideas lads? i have read wossnames previous posts on software issues as i have netgear router? have re-set router to no avail swapped sockets & leads again no go looks ok inside with no signs of heat scorch etc, wonder if power cut yesterday may have knackered it although i have surge protector? ps just wonder if another wireless router connected to spiderbox in another room will work in place of spider 1 i.e transmitter?

williamtell
30-06-2012, 06:10 PM
after giving up on my homeplug problem i decided to leave them side by side for a while in the mains and low and behold there still seems to be life in the one i raised a post about, bit of an enigma here and after a google it seems other people have encounted this hiccup, still waiting for wossnames reply so i live in hope, missed out on fbay earlier today at £28 but suppose any decent homeplug will do the job, quirky home means would be untidy to run cat5 cable,just wondered if any electronics buffs can answer, not so much the price but the state of mind of the problematic plug & its nature to appear dead then flicker back to life? ti5442254423a

welshpaddy
01-07-2012, 12:18 PM
how do i do a software reset on spider plugs been looking through forum but cant find

williamtell
05-07-2012, 05:55 PM
just thought i,d report back my post [it may help someone if & when it happens to them?] i took the dodgy spider plug to my local tv repair shop one of the old school who has repaired it by changing a small conductor component, really pleased i am:respect-055: but he did mention some cheap low watt bits in there! typical of todays era i suppose?
at £12 for the repair can`t really grumble, not really sure what caused it but we have had a few bolts of light of late?
maybe i was unlucky, so no software issue just a duff part.

antmarco
29-07-2012, 03:04 PM
considering price i bought them for from main suppler a--sat ie when they were only suppliers of box have had 4 all same issue not working

williamtell
29-07-2012, 03:40 PM
send them back to London mate, they will look at them at the shop & maybe replace or repair the fault/s seems strange all 4 are not working tho`?