PDA

View Full Version : Disiqc switch for spiderbox

abb1
27-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Greeting. I've spiderbox 7000, and I'm using two LNB, one for hotbird one for nilesat. I've been having trouble with diseq switch that I bought.
Every time I connect the two wires( nilesat+ hotbird ) to the diseq, the diseq goes fulty, I've asked many people who knows about this matter, they couldn't find the answere, one of them said, the wires are wet.,,,,, which is not.
Finally one said that spiderbox has higher voltage, and I need a diseq with the higher voltage. Can you help please ??

echelon
27-06-2012, 08:38 AM
check for short circuits between the outer braid and inner core on each of the 3 coaxial cables, ensuring no short circuits exist

then use a back to back "barrel" connector to connect hotbird to the spiderbox and check it works ok

also do the same by connecting nilesat to the spiderbox and testing again

also try a different switch in case the one you bought is faulty, especially if they both work using the barrel connector

all diseqc boxes use the same voltages of 13v and 18v so that will not cause problems, whereas short circuits or damaged or damp coax cables will

diseqc switches are designed to use those voltages and so should work

I assume you are using a 2 to 1, or 4 to 1 , diseqc switch ?

when you say you conenct both cables and the switch goes faulty, how do you know its faulty ?
ie:- what symptoms tell you it is faulty ? and why ?
there has to be a reason you say its faulty, but you dont say what that reason or symptom actually is

Gr8Guy
27-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Ive been through three diseqc switches before I realised was short circuting them. What ever you do DO NOT dissconnect either the LNB or the reciever from the switch whilst the reciever is on and power is being sent through the coaxial. The first time you attach a switch, or remove an LNB everything must be switched off.

abb1
27-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank you for your comment, You said how do I know about the diseq faulty.
When I conecct the diseq to the both wires and try to watch the channals and When I try to switch the satellite between one to another, suddenly I then realize that one of satellite is not working and only is one workning. That's how I know the faulty of The diseq.

check for short circuits between the outer braid and inner core on each of the 3 coaxial cables, ensuring no short circuits exist

then use a back to back "barrel" connector to connect hotbird to the spiderbox and check it works ok

also do the same by connecting nilesat to the spiderbox and testing again

also try a different switch in case the one you bought is faulty, especially if they both work using the barrel connector

all diseqc boxes use the same voltages of 13v and 18v so that will not cause problems, whereas short circuits or damaged or damp coax cables will

diseqc switches are designed to use those voltages and so should work

I assume you are using a 2 to 1, or 4 to 1 , diseqc switch ?

when you say you conenct both cables and the switch goes faulty, how do you know its faulty ?
ie:- what symptoms tell you it is faulty ? and why ?
there has to be a reason you say its faulty, but you dont say what that reason or symptom actually is

echelon
27-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Thank you for your comment, You said how do I know about the diseq faulty.
When I conecct the diseq to the both wires and try to watch the channals and When I try to switch the satellite between one to another, suddenly I then realize that one of satellite is not working and only is one workning. That's how I know the faulty of The diseq.

I also asked if you had connected each lnb in turn to the spiderbox using a barrel type of connector

your reply ? = no reply at all !

you did not say if its a 2 way diseqc switch or a 4 way diseqc switch (no reply)

you also did not say if you had tried another diseqc switch either (no reply)

you also have not said what settings you are using on the diseqc section of the spiderbox in order to switch between the 2 lnb`s (no reply)

ie:- you chose to answer one question only and not all of them ( why do members do that ? )

you are assuming it is faulty because you get nothing on one of the 2 cables/lnbs

that is an assumption, not fact

the likelihood is that you have not got the spiderbox settings correct to switch the switch over, but you have decided that it is a faulty switch

you have no grounds to assume it is faulty, and you have no proof it is faulty

all we know is you cannot get it to switch to the second lnb, and that is usually a settings issue on the spiderbox, not a faulty switch

if you are going to reply again , give all the facts , especially when asked, and give the exact details of the switch itself, the settings on the spiderbox in the diseqc section , and the commit and uncommit settings in the satellite setup section too

abb1
30-08-2012, 02:54 AM
I do apologize for not replying to your post as I was lost to find the web site
Please accept my apologies.

I also asked if you had connected each lnb in turn to the spiderbox using a barrel type of connector

your reply ? = no reply at all !

you did not say if its a 2 way diseqc switch or a 4 way diseqc switch (no reply)

you also did not say if you had tried another diseqc switch either (no reply)

you also have not said what settings you are using on the diseqc section of the spiderbox in order to switch between the 2 lnb`s (no reply)

ie:- you chose to answer one question only and not all of them ( why do members do that ? )

you are assuming it is faulty because you get nothing on one of the 2 cables/lnbs

that is an assumption, not fact

the likelihood is that you have not got the spiderbox settings correct to switch the switch over, but you have decided that it is a faulty switch

you have no grounds to assume it is faulty, and you have no proof it is faulty

all we know is you cannot get it to switch to the second lnb, and that is usually a settings issue on the spiderbox, not a faulty switch

if you are going to reply again , give all the facts , especially when asked, and give the exact details of the switch itself, the settings on the spiderbox in the diseqc section , and the commit and uncommit settings in the satellite setup section too

gbmitie
30-08-2012, 03:59 PM
you should say how you have set up the diseq in the spiderbox menu from the outset, basically if its set up wrong from the outset it will never work, so say what you have done.