PDA

View Full Version : s4000 atevio firmware issue

HugoBoss
28-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi there

I have just bought an Icecrypt S4000 receiver and tried updating it tonight with the firmware Blakmumba posted above, and I think it's bricked the receiver.
The install (from USB stick) seemed to go well, but after a reboot it now just displays the following (in order) on the display, but nothing on the telly :

TDT Maxiboot
Flash
Run
CHK HDD

It then doesn't go any further for a good 5 minutes, before seemingly jumping into life with a tv picture and familiar menu. But within a couple of minutes the picture begins to freeze and the box becomes completely unresponsive, before finally just showing white dots on the screen.

Can anyone help me?

blakmumba
29-06-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi there

I have just bought an Icecrypt S4000 receiver and tried updating it tonight with the firmware Blakmumba posted above, and I think it's bricked the receiver.
The install (from USB stick) seemed to go well, but after a reboot it now just displays the following (in order) on the display, but nothing on the telly :

TDT Maxiboot
Flash
Run
CHK HDD

It then doesn't go any further for a good 5 minutes, before seemingly jumping into life with a tv picture and familiar menu. But within a couple of minutes the picture begins to freeze and the box becomes completely unresponsive, before finally just showing white dots on the screen.

Can anyone help me?

Sorry to hear yr having problems with yr box. As you state that you just purchased the box, was it working prior to the firmware upgrade?. If it did work, your best option is to use a null modem cable and flash the box to factory state (will get rid of TDT Maxiboot) but you will need to use AAF Recovery Tool as Porter will not work with TDT Maxiboot and then re-install the firmware.

HugoBoss
29-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi, thanks for the advice. Yes, before I tried to update the firmware it was working ok.

I am having a go at using the AAF Recovery tool, but it appears to be for an Atevio AV7000 box. Will it work with mine? Do I need an image file or something to load?

Thank you... :)

blakmumba
30-06-2012, 10:52 AM
You need to change the re-seller id to Atevio av7000 hit apply, and then load the flash image and then once installed change the re-seller id back to icecrypt. This will bring your box to the factory default. Once it's up and running, do the usual ie.. Flash cleaner, firmware etc.
I'm sorry cant go into more detail as my pc's gone belly up and typing of my iPhone. Hope it works out for u :)

Sent from my iPhone

echelon
30-06-2012, 11:06 AM
seems to me reading this that the icecrypt had been setup as atevio or whatever, therefore no longer booting icecrypt

so changing the flash to icecrypt means its no longer valid

so the above post is designed for hugo to change the boot loader to atevio and use an atevio flash

then change to icecrypt (its native boot), then use the icecrypt flash (its native flash)

hope thats correct

blakmumba
30-06-2012, 02:24 PM
seems to me reading this that the icecrypt had been setup as atevio or whatever, therefore no longer booting icecrypt

so changing the flash to icecrypt means its no longer valid

so the above post is designed for hugo to change the boot loader to atevio and use an atevio flash

then change to icecrypt (its native boot), then use the icecrypt flash (its native flash)

hope thats correct

Yep that's what I meant lol :).

Sent of my iPhone

HugoBoss
30-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you so much for your help guys, but my level of expertise is less than you probably appreciate. Could someone give me some more detailed instructions? I'm a noob! :confused:

echelon
30-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much for your help guys, but my level of expertise is less than you probably appreciate. Could someone give me some more detailed instructions? I'm a noob! :confused:

basically you bought an icecrypt s4000HD, but it didnt have icecrypt bootloader or icecrypt firmware on it

you then loaded icecrypt firmware onto it, corrupting it

so you appear to need to change it back to atevio bootloader and atevio firmware and get it working again

then if you wish to load icecrypt firmware you need to change the bootloader to icecrypt, before loading on icecrypt firmware

in a nutshell , you loaded incorrect firmware due to a previous owner changing it to non-standard firmware

thats my understanding of it

blakmumba
01-07-2012, 07:19 AM

Ok, just borrowed a laptop and downloaded AAF Recovery tool and this is what to do...

>Power off Icecrypt and connect icecrypt with a null modem cable to a com port
and a ethernet lead to your router
>Select correct com port on main settings page on AAF Recovery
>Press connect button
>Power on Icecrypt and wait for connection
>Fill in correct ip addresses in the given fields
>Once connected press Save
>On the top tabs choose 'Re-seller id
>Under 'select re-seller id' choose Atevio AV7000
>Click 'Set Re-seller id'
>Now select 'Recovery Image' on the top tab
>Press Start
>Once finished, choose 'Re-seller id' and change back to 'Icecrypt s4000' and hit Save
>Download Flashcleaner and install via usb or porter express (recommended)
>Once completed and box has rebooted, on Icecrypt main menu, select System Recovery and System restore to factory default.
>Download Icecrypt firmware and install via usb or porter express (recommended)
>ALL DONE and ENJOY