PDA

View Full Version : How to Create Channel Lists?

jonmknight
02-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what tools people use to create channel lists?

I've played about with 3 so far;
- MacSatellite Manager
- ChMan_st_alsa
- ChannelEditor

are there any others, or can I read the DB from a db2 viewer somehow?

Am I right in thinking that the best way to make a list is to use MacSat to scrape all sat data from KOS, save as UDB, then perform all editing within ChannelEditor?

On the UDB ^^COMPASS^^ uploaded on the 17.06.12 different providers (e.g Kabel Kiosk,Platforma HD,Hello are actually stored as seperate Sats...
a) How do you do this (i.e add a new sat)
b) Is there an easy way to group them together, or is it literally a case of referencing KOS for different provider packages and then moving one at a time.. [which would take ages!]

Thanks

jackpot18uk
03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
one of the best I've tried is Setedit, there is a trial, but its restricted, you have to pay for the full version, but you can use your license for any other recievers you might have. You have a lot more freedom to edit your channel list with this.

jonmknight
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks although SetEditHD200 (v1.11) [by W.Litzinger] is just an updated version of the ChannelEditor.exe that's freely available here. For 19.99 it's certainly not worth the extra bits of functionality it has.

Are there any others, or is this (SetEdit / ChannelEditor) the best one?

jonmknight
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Saying that - I'd be more than happy to part with 5Euros for this s/w - maybe the dev should consider lowering the price in order to generate more revenue?

flickerrr
08-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi jonmknight how did you get on? Im trying to do same but not having much luck