PDA

View Full Version : Calling trusted ManikM n Blagi

Allchemist
08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Blagi and ManikM are trusted so I ask this of you although I will get in trouble because I posted the original inquiry in the standard setup AZBoxHD newbie section.

I have the problem of this error message "Send FTP:Read Timed Out" when I tried to reinstall my RTI 1.7 e2 patch. Then became frustrated and started to clean up my HDD and then I initialised the sectors 1, 2 & 3, which may have been on the DOM.

Before I tried to re instal RTI 1.7 I had a functioning but slow system now it gets to the recovery mode displaying the receiver's address but it will not do anything with the patch offered in a usb. I can transfer files using Dreambox Control Centre although any file transfer is very slow (strange).

What can I do now to resurrect my box?
(Software check for reading USB?, copy patch to a location on the receiver?, run a command line instal?)

zeini
08-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Have you tried it with Azup, or with Jazup? Try the other one. Maybe you are able to make it with other tool.

If you will patch back to original Opensat firmware you must first install patch.e2 in same manner as you will patch an other E2-version. Only after this you can back to original firmware with an USB-stick in the box. Extract attache file and do this.

Allchemist
08-07-2012, 09:44 PM
zeini thanks for the patch file however I have tried various .e2 files and ,bin files on a USB stick to see if I can get them to install ...any image. I have used Azup and Jazup, both suffer time out after the first 20% of data is transferred.
I think I have managed to delete the software that reads and loads up the patch.
I need help from someone who has in depth knowledge of what I may have done to disable the USB patch install.

Probably someone like the Ripper would know but I know the ripper is a very busy programmer.

Allchemist
08-07-2012, 09:50 PM
If it is of help, when I use Azup I get connected but when it goes to check the kernel it does not come back with a version and then asks me to switch off the receiver and try again.
Could I have deleted the existing kernel so that there is no kernel?